Chapter 3: Inattentional blindness

Start from the beginning

Asahina and the young policeman greeted each other as if they were long-distance buddies who had just met again after a long period of time.

It comes as no surprise that they are acquainted with each other.

"In accordance with the circumstances, it is understandable that the department to which you were relocated did not find satisfaction in your presence, hence the decision to return you to the Hawthorne Metropolitan Police," Asahina spoke out teasingly.

"Of course not!" He let out in denial. "I'm just really advantageous at my job so they sent me back here," he added in a braggadocious tone.

"Oo nga pala, akala ko absent ka ngayon dahil napansin kong mag-isa lang na pumasok ang comrade mo sa loob." Differentiation of the police in the conversation.

I think he is referring to Nijiro Hiyaschi.

"In the event that my shadow is not present at school, it is an indication that I am participating in a tournament and not that I am absent," Asahina clarified with a grin.

"Oh, by the way, he is Police Officer Sean Caspian Easton," she suddenly introduced the policeman to us.

"Let's just say that he is also my friend. He used to be an uncle's colleague, and he was kicked out of his previous division. That's why his soul is returning here," she summed up playfully.

Ngunit hindi namin magawang tumawa ni Macraine sa biro ni Asahina dahil baka kung ano ang isipin ng pulis sa amin, kaya bilang respeto ay yumuko kami sa kanya.

"I'm pleased to meet you," natutuwang sabi ni Police Officer Easton.

"That applies to us as well," Macraine replied.

"By the way, what's the case?" Asahina asked.

"Murder," Police Officer Easton answered sparingly.

That's exactly what I heard from the students who were here.

"Are you coming inside?" the police asked, directing the question to Asahina. Asahina nodded in response.

"Wait, with her?" The police inquired when he saw Asahina grasp my hand.

"She is an expensive camera incarnate, my new recruit. She has a photographic memory, so I'm sure she will be of great help to us."

I experienced a sensation of blushing as a result of her remarks.

No one has ever given an account of me that I can help because I have a photographic memory.

But wait!

What?

Anong pinagsasabi niya?

She was on the verge of pulling me in, but I managed to put a halt to her actions.

"Why are we going inside? First of all, I am not a police officer, and we should not be interfering with the work of the police." I objection.

"Do you want to squander your special ability? You mentioned that you have a photographic memory. Wouldn't you be ecstatic if you could use your unique talent for good?

My uncle and Hiyaschi were also inside. Both Hiyaschi and I have been given authorization from the superior to enter such cases. They have confidence in us," Asahina elucidated.

What is Asahina saying, and what justifications have the superiors provided to grant them access to these cases? Additionally, what factors influence the superiors' decision to place trust in them? It is essential to consider that this is a serious matter requiring expertise and credibility, rather than a trivial situation open to anyone.