12 | School Dance

Start from the beginning

"Yes," Beatrix said before looking towards the box again, "Seriously, what's that?"

"Nothing, Beatrix," Billy said. His sister scoffed before walking over to the bed, grabbing the box and opening it before she looked towards Billy.

"Who are you and what have you done with my brother? You got a corsage for Isadora?" Beatrix asked.

"Yes, I got her a corsage. Can you please get out of my room now?" Billy asked. Beatrix nodded as she closed the box and placed it back down on the bed before leaving the room, only to stop in the doorway and turn back towards her brother.

"It's nice seeing you happy," Beatrix said and Billy smiled at her as she nodded before leaving the room. Billy finished getting ready before grabbing the corsage and leaving the house, and Beatrix smiled to herself as watched him leaving, hopeful that her brother would finally confess to Isadora.

~*~

"Hi!" Isadora smiled as she flung her front door open and hugged Kendra and Hazel tightly before the three girls made their way into the house together. The girls had all made a plan earlier in the day so they could get ready for the dance together.

"You cut your hair?" Kendra asked in surprise, as she looked towards her best friend, whose once long blonde hair was now sitting just below her shoulders.

"Oh, yeah I did," Isadora shrugged as the girls made their way upstairs and into Isadora's bedroom so they could start getting ready and soon the three of them were doing their hair and make-up together while gossiping about boys and school. As Kendra got to work on brushing Isadora's hair, she frowned at the blonde.

"Uh, Isa, did you cut your hair by yourself?" Kendra asked, as she carefully examined the ends of Isadora's hair.

"Yeah, I did. Why, what's wrong?" Isadora asked.

"Well, it's a little uneven but nothing we can't fix," Kendra told her reassuringly, as she grabbed a pair of scissors and got to work on making sure that Isadora's hair was cut evenly. Once she had ensured the blonde's hair was even, Kendra started curling Isadora's hair for her, "Can I ask what made you decide to cut your hair?"

"Well, I decided it was just time for a change and besides, it's a little easier to manage this way," Isadora shrugged.

"I think it looks good," Hazel told her.

"Thank you, Haz," Isadora smiled at her before looking over her shoulder at Kendra, who finished curling her hair for her before nodding.

"Perfect," Kendra smiled as she admired her handiwork. Isadora thanked her before grabbing her make-up bag and she started doing her make-up.

"Do you think Tom will try and ask you to dance tonight?" Hazel asked. Isadora lowered her hand as she looked over at Hazel before sighing softly.

"I really hope he doesn't."

"You know, he probably will and it's likely he'll do it right in front of Billy," Kendra rolled her eyes. Isadora shook her head as she finished applying her make-up before looking towards Kendra.

"I just want tonight to be a nice, fun night. I don't want anything going wrong," Isadora as she zipped her bag up and put it away in the cupboard.

"You've probably jinxed it now, Isa," Hazel teased her.

"I hope I haven't," the blonde frowned before she walked out of the room and made her way into the spare bedroom where she'd been keeping her dress. She was a little nervous about the dress she had chosen to wear as it had once been her Mum's but she had managed to adjust the dress so it wasn't ridiculously long on her and so it would fit her correctly. After she had changed into the dress, Isadora examined herself in the mirror, twirling around in a circle to get a full 360 view of the dress. Once she was sure she was happy, she made her way down to her bedroom and as she walked inside, both Kendra and Hazel turned to look at her.