He was a man worth millions of not billions and was probably used to the life of extreme luxury - a life the polar  opposite to my own.

My apartment suddenly felt overwhelmingly shabby and tacky. I could not help but bite my bottom lip in discontent.

"You have a nice place." He stated as if he knew what I was thinking, "It's cozy but it does for some strange reason feel as if it's not lived in."

His sharp gaze turned to me. I broke the eye contact.

"Andrea," He took a step closer, "What happened?"

My heart pounded.

Why did his words affect me so much?

"Nothing." I tried to move into the kitchen away from him, "Would you like anything to drink?"

I did not dare look at him. I knew that the moment I did he would strip down my walls that I had worked so hard to put up.

"Bullshit."

I suddenly felt his presence behind me, "Please don't push me out."

The hair on the back of neck rose as a shiver ran down my spine from his voice.

"Why?" I turned around slightly finally meeting his gaze finding strength, "Why do you want to know?"

His gaze darkened as he watched me intently, "Because I... "

He fisted his hands at his side before moving away and running a hand through his hair.

"I want to get close with you." He looked back.

My breath hitched in my throat.

"A few months ago I noticed you for the first time." He let it out a breath, his eyes falling back on me, "Just about everyday this beautiful girl would walk into the cafe stealing all the gazes of those there. She seemed oblivious to her own charm."

My heart began to pound loudly in my ears.

"For some reason you fascinated me at first. I just could not get you off my mind," A smirk began to fall on his lips, "And that is something that has not changed."

"What?" I tried to break away from the intensity, "I still fascinate you?"

"I can't get you off my mind Andrea." He moved towards me again, his hand reaching up to tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I pulled away.

I felt his hand drop to his side and suddenly I missed the feeling. I hated how I craved his touch.

I needed to push him away. I did not want him to get hurt from all my broken pieces.

"I am not worth it..." My voice came out as whisper as I turned my back to him.

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around me from behind and pulling me into a hard chest. His chin rested on my shoulder.

"You are worth more than you know and that is your biggest flaw."

His breath fanned my ear causing a shiver to run down my spine.

This was getting dangerous.

I tried to pull away again but this time he would not let me.

"Let me go." I looked down at the floor as I spoke. I could feel his sharp gaze piercing into the side of my cheek.

"Tell me what happened." His tone left no room for argument but it still felt some what gentle.

I was ready to completely give in; I was ready to spill my guts out and bare my wounds and that is what completely terrified me.

It was if this man knew exactly what to do to break down my fragile defenses that I fought so desperately to keep up.

Was I ready to let someone in?

No.

That was to dangerous. If that were to happen he would have the power to completely destory what little of me that was left.

"I..." I turned my head as far away as I could from him, "I cannot." I was ashamed and felt immense guilt.

I could not give him what he wanted. I could not expose myself to him like that.

I felt his forehead drop to my shoulder. His breathing conveyed his frustration and it ached my heart.

I could tell I had disappointed him.

I thought I would be used to disappointing others by now but I was not. It still managed to creep into my veins and take root deep within me.

I was honestly so pathetic.

"You can." His voice was strong as he lifted his head, "I know you can."