047. the third call

this gon be a long & eventful chapter coz i wanna stop at 50.. 🫣

FINNEYS POV, THE BASEMENT.

i stay sat at the end of the mattress, piper sleeping peacefully behind me. well, the most peaceful i've seen her since i got put down here.

i think about something to do. something to give her more hope for when she wakes up.

i look around the room to find something, or anything that could give me hope to get out of here, until my eyes lock on the hole me and piper dug.

i look over at her, still asleep and stand up, walking over to the hole and rolling the blanket off it.

i sit down, my legs in the hole as i grab piles of dirt and mud, throwing it onto the tiles in the hallway, then grabbing it and bringing it over to the john, flushing it down and repeating the steps.

PIPERS POV, THE BASEMENT.

i wake up, and see finney moving the carpet to cover the hole, "finn?" i say, as his head snaps behind him, a look of worry on his face.

"woah, you okay?" i ask by the expression on his face as i rub my eyes.

"yeah, you just sound a lot like robin."

i stay quiet at that, but let out a small smile as i look down, trying to keep the tears back from my eyes.

"im sorry i-"

"it's fine, finn. really." i look up at him, blinking away the tears.

he nods, and sits at the end of the mattress, i slowly move next to him, trying not to move the blanket i laid on.

the lights switch on, and finney starts breathing heavily, scrambling to the bed pretending to sleep as i do the same.

the lock clunks, and the door opens with a creak, revealing what is most likely the grabber.

he stands there for a second, not saying a word. "i know your not sleeping..." he says in a sing-song voice, stepping forward as finney and i open our eyes, sitting up on the mattress.

"we're starving." finney states, looking up at the mans creepy mask.

"tell me your names."

"why do you care?" i reply almost immediately.

"i usually don't, i find out eventually in the paper. they always print a nice, big photo." he pauses, "with all the details i could ever want."

"all the things you.. boys, lie about." he looks at me whiles he says that. which makes me sick to my stomach.

"whats different this time?" finney says sternly.

"oh.. its complicated. its too complicated. every thing's different, nothings going right." the grabber says in a soft tone.

i see through it, though. he's lying. all we have to do is tell the truth.

"you could let us go." i sit up a little.

"im thinking about it." he cocks his head slightly.

i can still tell he's lying. he said this to robin, too. i just have to hope finney catches on.

"we promise we wont tell anyone," finney starts moving slightly foward, looking back at me for a glance, not catching my look. "you can blindfold us, drop us off on the street, we'll walk home."