Everything was a blur, a blur of gunshots, green and trips, Ivy couldn't see where she was going.

Escape, escape, escape.

She heard a bullet whiz past her missing her ever so slightly, and nearly tripped over a root but she kept running despite her ringing ear and thanked Eywa silently.

Bullets kept getting shot, but they were getting fainter, ever so slightly, and thankfully the yells and screams were too.

She halted to a stop when she noticed a trunk blocking her way, she'd very nearly collided with it stopping only inches away from the bark, the growth around to was two much to get around, she had hit a dead end.

She spun around, thankful to see Lo'ak and Tuk "ok ok ok" she whispered scanning her eyes over the two to check they hadn't been hit, her breathing was heavy and swift and she'd never felt her heart beat so fast, she looked past Lo'ak "alright ok let's go back"

The boy nodded and started sprinting back every second or so turning back to make sure the two girls were still following "go go go come on let's go!" Lo'ak was yelling as he turned a corner, leading them over a rock with Ivy leaped over.

All of a sudden Jake dropped from above stopping the kids in their tracks nearly sending Ivy into a heart attack for the millionth time.

Neteyam dropped beside him while Jake frantically started asking his kids if they were injured to which they shook their heads, it was a miracle they'd all made it out alive "Tuk!" Jack called for his daughter, immediately bending down to pull the young girl into an embrace as she stated violently sobbing while the father desperately tried to reassure her.

Ivy redirected her attention to the hovercrafts visible through the ferns "get down!" She whisper-yelled while the others did so inching forward to watch it.

She couldn't look anywhere near it, the light was so painfully bright, she was hissing in pain, directed the other way and using her hands to cover her eyes, pressing so hard colourful dots decorated her lids.

The aircraft turned around and started to exit "there we're clear" she heard Jake as she let her eyes adjust back to the darkness as the painful ache from the brightness started to fade away "is everybody ok?"

She saw Neytiri and Kiri slinging towards them, the mother dropped to her knees launching directly at Tuk "mum!" The girl called and returned the embrace while Jake pulled his sons in.

Ivy stood silently and solemnly watching the aircraft dissapear into the distance as the family reunited, she needed to slow her breathing befoe she could even begin to process what the fuck just happened.

"Thankyou great mother Thankyou!" She heard Neytiri call out to Eywa sobbing as she held her daughters.

Ivy felt awkward off the the side, as a million emotions rushed through her, jealousy.

She was so godamn jealous right now she couldn't even think about the near death experience.

Jakes eyes flickered up still holding his children tight "Ivy are you hurt?"

Ivy hesitated before answering breathily her chest heaving "no, no, I am alright"

Truth is she was aching all over, but she would have time to assess her injuries once she got out of here.

She collapsed to the ground and sat back on a rock trying to catch her breath "where's Spider?" She heard Lo'ak question.

Her head snapped up.

Where is Spider?

He attention shifted to a tearful and shaky Kiri, her watery eyes reflecting off the moons "they took him" she informed them before repeating it.