Your body is better than mine

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile Wednesday was fussing over Enid's excruciatingly bright closet trying to find where she had stuffed the uniform. So far all she had found was a pile of shoes bigger than her will to live.

Finally she found it thrown into the far corner. Her throat tenced as she relised that to get ready she would have to strip. She pulled out some fresh underwear and a bra then started changing.

Enid's body type was quite different from hers. While her shoulders were small with not much muscle to them, Enid's were broad, her rib cage fairly wide but skin pulled tight over it, her stomach surprisingly hard and muscular. Wednesday would be lying if she said she didn't take some time to admire the way her- Enid's arms flexed when she moved. Pulling herself together she pulled off the sports bra Enid had been in and replaced her underwear. Did she need a new bra? Wednesday moved through the drawer, finding Enid only had push-ups or sports. She chose a simple black push-up, wanting to wear something with a little dignity from colour today.

When she had finished changing she walked over to Enid's makeup desk and smeared on some foundation. She did the whole look except for the eyes, knowing fair well she would mess up. Enid walked out of the bathroom. She had pulled Wednesday's hair into a bun with braids, quite nice actually, a way Wednesday might do it herself if Enid would teach her. Enid then aided her with the eyeshadow and the girls were off.

"Stop grinning like a crazy idiot."

"I stop grinning and you stop looking so bored, smile."

Wednesday let her lips curve up and watched as her own face returned to its normal state.

The smile lasted through three classes before her face started to burn and she realised something. Half the time...Enid's smile was fake.

Enid starred ahead as the teacher talked. Holding her face this way wasn't hard. In fact it was too simple. She loved how narrow Wednesday's waist was, something she would never be able to achieve no matter how much she worked out and how little she ate.

Wednesday was beside her, she seemed to almost be flexing her arm and unflexing it over and over. She probably thought it was creepy, the amount of muscle that built over her bone. Was probably horrified.

Wednesday loved Enid's arms. Once she figured out how to get back into her stupid fimble body she would be sure to let Enid hug her more so she could feel them...in a non creepy way. She missed Enid. She missed looking over and seeming a colourful blond and not herself. She missed the way Enid talked and giggled. She flexed her arm again watching as a vein popped out.

As lunch came around Wednesday walked up to the counter, making sure to order Enid's favorite. The salad. She didn't know why the girl liked it but it seemed like she did, as it was the only meal she ever took more than a few bites of.

The moment she put the salad in her mouth she knew it was discusting. The dressing tasted horrible and made her almost want to vomit. Why in the world would Enid enjoy a thing that made her feel like this?!

Enid had also ordered the salad, and was shoving it in her mouth like it didn't taste like the bane of the earth. Wednesday polished off the salad feeling extremely empty still, yet she knew Enid went and worked out after this. How could she work out on such an empty stomach?

Wednesday went back into the room and changed into the tank top and shorts Enid used, both bright pink, then ran down to the workout room. Wednesday had never been quite strong enough to do lifting, she used her agility as her main weapon almost all the time. When she started lifting she made sure to do it low, but soon found Enid's body could lift 200lbs quite easily. This. Was. Amazing. She found it less and less hard to fake the smile as she went on, using machine after machine, testing each one of Enid's limbs to see how much they could do. She knew Enid only worked out for an hour, and she found that was only because she ate so little. The moment Wednesday ate a power bar she gained her energy again, working her way further.

When she finally returned to the room she hopped into the shower, turning on the pressure jets and letting them hit her back like a massage. Maybe she had lightly overworked herself, as her whole body was starting to throb, but it had totally been worth it.

The moment she got out of the shower Enid opened the door and walked in. Wednesday's hands flew to cover herself but Enid gave her a look that explained well enough she was an idiot. "It's my body Wednesday."

It felt extremely odd to let her hands fall as she walked over and took a towel from the rack, wrapping it around herself and going back over to Enid's side of the room. They both knew that when they woke up the next morning they would be back in their own body's, so neither stressed about finding a cure. This was a simple curse.

Wednesday changed into Enid's pj's and lay down on her bed, letting her muscles relax. After a few minutes Enid came and lay next to her, hair down and makeup off.

The girls drifted off to sleep, letting the mattress drape around them.

Enid woke up when she returned to her own body. It was probably the fact her arms and legs were burning from being overworked. "What did you do to me," Enid whined, rolling over to look at Wednesday who had probably woken up due to the comfort of no pain.

"...well every time I went higher your body handled it well."

"You went heavy lifting for an hour on a school night!?"

"Three hours. It's not a school night that was Friday, I used every machine in the room."

Enid sighed and fell back into the pillows. "I know I'm muscular but you didn't have to make fun of me for it."

"How is that making fun of you..."

"Well...I don't know, I just know it doesn't really look good."

Wednesday turned to her side, staring at Enid harshly. "Don't you dare talk about my roommate like that."

Enid felt her cheeks burn as she grinned. Wednesday leaned forward and hesitantly placed a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you," Enid whispered into her neck.

"I can give you a massage if it would help."

A few minutes later Enid was draped over Wednesday's lap as she moved her fingers through the knots in her back.

"Is that why you eat that horrid salad?"

"What do you mean, it's amazing."

"That's the worst lie I have ever heard."

Enid let herself relax again. "Sometimes it's hard," she whispered.

"I know," Wednesday paused, her hands resting on Enid's shoulder blades. "If you ever need help just tell me."

Enid smiled into the sheets. "Will do."