"Always."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"There's my baby." My mom greets me with a hug as I walk in the house.

"And you say you don't have favourites." Mya snorts behind her.

"You acted like I didn't exist for two years when you were in high school. You don't get to talk." Mama replies pointedly.

"Good times." Mya smirks back.

I swear Mya is the biggest bitch I know. But I love her for it.

"Hey, Ree-ree." She gives me a side hug.

"Hey, Mya." I greet her back with a smile.

"Looking good, sis."

"Feeling better, sis." I give our usual response.

"How come neither of you ever tell me I look good?" Mama asks with her hands on her hips.

"That's my job." Daddy walks in and hugs mom softly from behind. I watch as my mother melts into the hug before beaming up at him.

"Could you two not?" Mya comments with fake disgust.

"Look who thinks she can tell us what to do in our own house." Daddy says to mom.

"Hey, dad." I greet amusedly.

"Hey, cookie." Dad smiles broadly at me. "How's my second favourite child?"

I laugh because daddy loves doing this. He always says I am his second favourite but never says where the others rank. It started off as a joke, that escalated to the others trying to outrank each other. There's even a score board.

The door rings before I can answer. It is my oldest sister Iris, her husband Octavius, and brother in law, Zach. After greetings we all head to the dining room where Xavier and Mel are sucking each other's faces.

"That's some sloppy ass kissing, Xav. Jax, didn't you teach your boy how it's done?" Mom remarks earning a playful glare from Xavier while the rest of us laugh.

"Iris, honey, come help me bring out the food." She instructs and the two of them head to the kitchen.

"Octavius, hey." Xav stands to give him a 'bro hug'.

"Xavier." Octavius replies with a nod.
Zach is hugging Mel which leaves me standing next to daddy.

"You look good, cookie. When was the last time we spent some quality time together?" Dad says leading me to my chair.

"Too long." Two, maybe three months back.

"We gotta fix that."

"When are you going to admit that she's really your favourite." Xavier comments from across from me.

"You're right, she might just steal the first spot since all my other kids never have time for me." He fans the flames.

"We had dinner not too long ago." Mya is the first to take the bait.

"That was three whole months ago." Dad deadpans.

"I saw you just this week." Xavier puffs his chest.

"That was work, not personal." Dad responds.

"But we had that nice talk about fatherhood." Xavier insists not willing to take the L.

"For five minutes before you left."

Mya laughs cruelly at this resulting in Xav glaring at her.

"I'm giving you your first gra..." He trails off as mom and Iris come in with the food.