Chapter14: The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

I remember Rafael. I know he was very mad and I don't know where is he right now. I had to find him.

"Will you be alright here GP?" I asked when the nurse was done curing him. The bleeding stops and he was asked to stay a bit to watch on him. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't see him coming. I should have warned you!" I said apologetically. I felt so bad. 

"Who is he?" he asked softly with his sad eyes looking at me.

"He's my fiancé." I replied warily. 

"So you're getting married." he smiled forcefully. 

"I would have done the same if I saw you with someone hugging." he chuckled bitterly.

"I'm sorry!" I uttered softly, feeling a tad remorseful. 

"No, don't be so sorry Bell. It's not your fault. Go find him." he urge as he smiled at me reassuringly. I reluctantly nod and left him, glancing at his direction once more and left.

I walked back to the lobby looking for him but I couldn't see him anywhere. I was about to go to the reception counter when I saw Kurt looking worried. I walk quickly to his direction. 

"Where is he?" I asked a bit annoyed with the thought of him punching GP impulsively. 

"I'm sorry Duchess, but I don't know. He is not answering his phone. He took the keys and just left without a word." he explained worriedly. 

"Give me your phone!" I ordered in my cold tone. I didn't realize I was being too bossy. He handed me his phone and redialed his number.

I was pacing back and forth as I waited for the line to get connected. It rang multiple times but no answer, it went on his voicemail. I ended it and redial again. I rested my other hand on my hips as I pace back and forth with my other hand holding the phone close to my ear. 

"Answer the damn phone Rafael!" I grumbled through gritted teeth. I'm getting terrified. I hope he won't get into an accident. Gosh, I won't forgive myself if something happened to him.

I dialed his number like nth time but no answer. I gave up. I handed the phone back to Kurt and all of a sudden I felt so exhausted. 

"What floor and number is our room? Do you know?" I asked feeling sick all of a sudden. The thought of him driving right now in an angry state is unsettling. 

"Top floor, his penthouse, Duchess." he replied casually. In different situation I would have smack him for calling me Duchess repeatedly but for now I have no time to argue with that. My head was still reeling with the thought that Rafael was on the road driving and God knows where or what's happening to him right now.

I have never felt so terrified until now. I was praying silently that he's safe.

When we reached the top floor the elevator jolted to stop and the door slid open. Kurt led me to the door, punched a code and the door was unlocked. He twisted the knob and pushed it open. 

"All your things are already inside Duchess. Please ring me if you need anything. I will be in the lobby and try to find a way to find him. I'll ask Clayton to stay with you!" he explained and walked to the door. 

"Wait! Call me if you find him." I begged as I tried to hold back the tears that was about to fall from my eyes.

"Yes, I will Duchess." he replied briefly then left.

"I heaved a heavy sigh and paced around the living room back and forth. I can't seem to settle my feelings. I'm so terrified. After like a decade, I walk to the couch and plopped down. I let the tears fall freely.