"Uh, you aren't so talkative today either." Sehkani twisted her face, looking over at him making him laugh at her honesty.

"Sum' small, none to biggie." He shrugged, "Yo turn."

"Well mines is biggie." She replied, "Mekai had been ignoring me for quite a while no-"

"Mane, you be switching from proper and ghetto." He laughed, "My fault, resume."

She nodded, "Basically i'm being ignored, and I don't know why. I've cleaned up after myself, I've cooked for the both of us. I've.. I've done things I thought that was helping out around the house, If it's because I don't help financially, I could get a job." She ranted.

Damari hummed, "Maybe he's just having a bad day? If it make you feel better, He haven't talked to none of us either."

Sehkani sighed, "We promised we would always tell each other if something's going on, Damari."

"Wanna go job huntin'?" Damari questioned, "I could grab another job." He shrugged, even though he was a drug dealer. Damari heart was set on escaping the streets and growing a beautiful family, and to start he would need a appropriate job - and just deal as a side hustle.

Sehkani nodded, "I would love that."

- - - -

Walking out yet another building, the two sighed loudly. They've been in and out places, it wasn't because they were getting rejected; They just couldn't see each other working there.

Sehkani scrolled through google, as the two walked down main street. She was abruptly stopped as she ran into someone's chest; Both of them dropped the items in their hands.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"My fault."

Both of them apologized before leaning down and grabbing stuff off the floor, Sehkani secretly skimmed over the papers the boy had dropped. It seemed like he was hiring for a... Model agency.

Standing up completely, The two exchanged their items before Sehkani cleared her throat, "So, I might've skimmed over the paper.." She confessed, scratching her arm nervously.

"Just looking for some models. My boss been on my ass for this shit." The brownskin boy huffed, fixing the papers so that they all went in one direction.

"Do we just model?" Sehkani questioned, sliding her phone in her back pocket. Now fully engaged in the conversation, not aware that Damari left.

The boy hummed, "That or you could design clothes, take the pictures, do their hair and allat' shit for the ladies." He explained.

Sehkani nodded, letting all that information soak in her brain. She wouldn't mind doing any of those he named, besides taking pictures. She would get bored easily.

"Would you mind if I take a paper? I'm not sure with my decision and would like to put some thinking into it." Sehkani mumbled, flickering her eyes between the male and the billboard behind him.

"I'm Jermaine." He extended his hand for a handshake, Sehkani latched onto it and they shook hands before pulling away, "I would- I mean we would appreciate the extra help. So, Please think about it." He handed her a paper, Sehkani nodded before turning around. Damari was gone, he must've kept walking.