Color War - Z.B.

It's been a while since my parents sent me to Nightwing summer camp.

Luckily for me, my friend Kayla was there with me. Seems like our parents decided to take a break from us two and sent us here together.

But that's good, right? At least I'm not bored throughout the summer.. and we also share a cabin.

I mean the idea of separation doesn't really bother me but the fact that I would share cabin with a total stranger a little bit does..

I opened our cabin door to get out not even a second after me going Kayla as well.

I held the door for her and let her through which I showed her with a hand gesture.

She understood and got out.

Then I shut the door behind us.

It was quite a nice day. It was warm and the sun was shining.

That's why I was wearing a striped short-sleeved t-shirt and blue not very short shorts.

Around the camp you could hear the shouting of kids and teenagers playing games or just doing their thing.

As we walked out behind us was a wooden cabin with the number six above the door.

I took a deep breath taking in all the fresh air and letting the sun shine on my skin.

When I was suddenly interrupted by Kayla shaking my hand trying to get my attention "Hey." she said.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. I smiled and then looked around.

The smile quickly dropped when I noticed her.

A redhead girl with an attitude, Ziggy.

I scoffed.

She was walking with her older sister Cindy aka one of the counselors. They must have noticed us as well because Ziggy gave me a not so friendly look.

They were going to the main hall as well as we.

"I don't get it, why do you hate her so much?" asked Kayla as we were walking.

I stopped and turned to her. I grabbed her shoulders and let out a heavy breath.

"Oh, Kayla Kayla Kayla.." I began as I was shaking my head in a no movement talking like I was about to speak some facts.. which I actually was.

"First of all, she's like the meanest person I've ever met.. And we both know Sheila.." I said as she looked at me with a slightly furrowed brows.

I let go of her and we continued to walk as I was finishing my sentence "and second of all, we don't get along. But I don't hate her, just really dislike her."

After some steps we saw children running everywhere. They were wearing red and blue shirts and just then it hit me.

Today was the day.

Color war.

There were two counselors who were handing out shirts to people around.

"Color War begins tonight, guys! Line up and grab a shirt!" was yelling one of them.

It was Gary. Slightly shorter guy with long curly hair holding a red shirt with "color 78' war" title on it wrote by a white font, waving it around waiting for people to take it.

"Blue is for beautiful if you live in Shadyside. Red is for radiance if you live in Sunnyvale. Despite our differences we're all perfect.." the other counselor was yelling as well.

A girl with long black hair handing out and throwing shirts at people around. Her name is Joan.

".. even you, Ziggy Berman." She said as she threw a blue shirt at Ziggy.