ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ x ᴀɴᴅ x ᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

"You touch him again and I'll kill you"

༺♥༻

To say that causing a commotion amongst the people of the NGL was difficult would be the biggest understatement Valentine would ever think of.

'Diego has fallen into enemy hands! If you stay in your homes, you'll be killed!',Killua yelled as the two ran throughout the town.

Various objects were thrown from homes and smashed beside the two, causing Valentine to jump slightly as her eyes widened for a moment.

'Liar!'

'Rebel scum!'

Multiple curses and offensive words left the residents lips and seeing wine bottle heading straight for Killua's leg, lifted her foot and kicked it away, causing it to smash against the side of one of the buildings.

With clenched teeth, Valentine looked towards the window where the bottle was thrown from and before she could shout out anything, Killua gently placed his hand on her shoulder, reassuring her that it was alright.

After all, Diego was just shown alive and well, so the odds of helping any other villages; then the ones they've already helped, were very slim.

Heading towards the city, the two planned to take out as many puppets and soldiers as they could.

Heading deep into a forest, Valentine and Killua came to a stop to catch their breath as the silverette took out his phone.

'Well.. should we try heading North?'

Humming slightly, Valentine leaned closer and looked down at the map on his phone, small drops of sweat falling down the side of her face.

"I just feel that.. even if we do take out the puppets, the residents still won't listen to us.."

Slowly nodding his head, Killua gently took her hand in his own and they started running once more; after they had both caught their second wind.

It would've been easier to just have Valentine teleport them to wherever they need to go, but he wanted her to be at full strength just in case anything went wrong.

But what neither of them noticed was that a Chimera Ant was watching them from above.

The dirt crunched underfoot and a sharp wave of shivers washed over Valentine's, causing a gasp to leave her lips as her running faltered slightly, causing Killua to catch her before she could fall to the ground.