Say Something

((A/N current time frame please don't say anything about it not relating to the actual anime. I don't own Fairy Tail and if I did then I would probably be in Lucy's place, I don't own the song either. Also, this is my first x reader story so sorry if it sucks and sorry if Natsu is a bit OOC))

-Third Person POV-

"Natsu please!" You begged as you dialed Natsu's number again. He and you had gotten into a fight a couple of days ago and he still won't talk to you. "Hey, this is Natsu, sorry I couldn't answer right now... I'll call you back as soon as I can! Bye!" sent to voicemail again... Tears began to brim at the corners of your (e/c) eyes as you remember what the doctors had told you.

-Flashback-

You were arguing with the doctor about your condition,"just a few days ago you said that I was going to be fine and now you tell me that I'm dying?! There's gotta be something you can do to keep me alive!" "Miss, I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do." You sat back and your eyes widened as you came into realization, what did he mean 'there's nothing they can do'? "So I'm going to just die...?" You mumbled to where he could hear you, "I'm sorry miss... I wish we could do something about your condition but, there's really nothing we can do." Nodding, you stood up, "how long?" "A couple of days at most... Sorry again miss." "It's not your fault, there's nothing you could have done." With that, you walked out of the door.

-Flashback end-

That was a week ago. You knew that time was running out quickly and Natsu was still ignoring you. You had called Erza, Lucy, Grey, and had told the master what was going on... He had told the guild what was going on when Natsu was on a mission two days ago. The only one who didn't know was him. Maybe it was for the best that Natsu didn't know, but it was worth one more try.
You called Natsu one last time. This time he answered "yes?" He spoke harshly. "Natsu please I have something to tell y-" "Shut up, I don't care anymore." Then under his breath he added "I don't remember why we even became mates anymore" You heard the last comment as clearly as the first and your eyes widened, tears attempting to fall, "w-what do y-you mean...?" "You heard me." With that, he hung up.
Tears flooded out of your eyes as you decided to text him your last words. 'I'm sorry, goodbye Natsu'. Right afterwards you fell backwards onto your bed limply, tears still falling down your cheeks as you fell into an eternal sleep.

-Natsu's POV-

'I'm sorry, goodbye' I read (y/n)'s text, goodbye? What is that supposed to- oh no.
I bolted out of my house and went strait to (y/n)'s. When I got there I began to bang on the door. Please, please, please don't let her break up with me... Or worse. The door flew of the hinges and I went straight to her room.
Time seemed to slow down as I opened the door and was met with the sight of my mate. It was worse, way worse.

-Third Person POV-

Natsu dashed over to your body that was once filled with joy and life. Tears were drying on your face and you were unnaturally pale.
Natsu buried his nose into your neck praying and hoping that he was dreaming. He began sobbing and screaming "say something, please! Please say something to me (y/n)!!!" His voice cracked, "please." You didn't answer, you couldn't, you were dead. Natsu had lost his mate.

-Natsu's POV-

This is all my fault... I forgot about her condition, that's probably why she tried to call me so many times... I'm such an idiot! "Please, say something." I whispered, tears streaming down my face. "Please."

((A/N in case you didn't know, (e/c) means 'eye color', and (y/n) means 'your name'. And you were dying from a weakening heart.))