" This is fucking crazy. You honestly think it was her?"

" Yes! She gave herself away without even realizing it. How would she know? I know he's gotten crazy, but this right here! I know he wouldn't do that, Aubrey!" I watched him as he glared at me.

" You better be right. I don't want you around him at all. I don't care if you don't believe he would do this, he better not come near you! Let that nigga know, Solána! I'm not playing. This is some serious shit!" He reached into his pocket as his phone was going off.

Aubrey

" Yeah!"

" Yeah!"

" Yo, bruh! So I just got a call from one of my connects and some bitch just tried to pawn the jewelry you got for Lana at his shop."

" Who? Did he say?"

" Nah, just said some pretty bitch. He's about to send me a picture of the girl. He took the jewelry and put her out. He said she tried to throw bricks through the window."

" The fuck?"

" Yea, that's what I said. Oh, by the way, I got some niggas watching the doctor for a little minute."

" Yea, I might have you call that off. Lana talked to him and he wasn't the one. It was most likely his wife." I said.

" Well, I got eyes on her too. So far all she does is leave the house for a few hours, and then she'll come back."

" Well, she's not working because I got her ass fired." I sat back comfortably with Lana while I talked.

" Aight well I'll hit you once I get this picture of this bitch."

" Aight." We hung up and put my phone away.

" What was that about?" Lana asked.

" Some girl tried to pawn the jewelry."

" You don't know who?"

" Nah, Ty is waiting on a picture of the girl."

" Dad!!!" I heard Malik calling me.

" Wassup?"

" Can I go down to the courts with Jaylen?"

" No!" Solána said before I could respond.

" Well, you have your answer right there, kid!" I turned to him. He frowned.

" But they want to play a few games! Please!"

" Malik, I said no!" Solána sat up and gave him a look. Malik just walked back into the house without saying another word

" You were going to say yes, weren't you?" She gave me a look.

" I mean... nah. I wasn't." I kissed her.

" Mmhmm,"

" What? Don't even say it...."