Twenty nine

He pulled the blanket up over our heads, blocking out the summer sunrise as much as possible. We'd been awake a little while now, just wrapped up in each other. 

"Can you reach our phones from there?" He spoke into my forehead as he rolled slightly, holding me tight as I tried to reach them. 

"Nearly." 

"If I roll anymore we'd be on the floor again." He chuckled, his grip on me eased slightly and I shuffled back, giving myself room to lean back and grab them and pull them back up to us, handing his to him. 

"I should probably talk to Brooke." I chuckled as I read through her messages from last night. I'd called her a few times and ended up sending her texts about the whole James thing before I came over. I thought that's what was wrong with me. Boy was I wrong. It was already 11am. "And I should go get ready for work." 

"Do you have to? I'm so comfy here." 

"Me too but I need a shower and everything and I need to be at the office with coffee for my dad for 2.30. If I'm not I might be late with traffic and then he'll be mad and I need him in a good mood." 

"Hence the coffee?" 

"Right." I nodded and he kissed my forehead a soft kiss but a lot of force behind it. "Oh god, Mia says he's in a foul mood." I pulled the blanket down and started sitting up. He pulled me back down, grumbling as he did. 

"5 more minutes. Please?" 

"5 more minutes then I have to go." 

"Tell me about your dad's birthday party." His words were mumbled as he buried into the crook of my neck. 

"I don't know if you can call it a party really. It's pretty fancy. A big dining hall with a stage at the front, think like an awards show kind of vibe. Normally everyone who works for him puts a few songs together and they all perform. The guest list is usually anyone he knows, including all the business people. Dad tends to use it as a chance to show everyone off. All the new people he signed up in the past year, no matter how long they've been here, they all get to put on a show for like 3000 people in the summer sun and then get drunk after. Its great." 

"Will we be doing something?" 

"The band? Probably." 

"No I mean us. Me and you." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Well if you're going to put out an album, surely it would be the perfect point to put on your first show. Like a 'Look what's coming' kind of thing. And if Jason is there too. I'm sure it would kill him, watching you on stage in front of everyone, alone. Not needing someone to support you this time. And then your new hot, older boyfriend comes on and sings a duet with you." 

He looked up at me and I kissed the top of his head. 

"Okay. But no one can know I'm going to do it. We'll make it a surprise. I'll tell my dad I'm considering the album thing and we can talk about it after his birthday then." I moved slightly adjusting so I could see his face a little clearer. "It would be a great birthday present too." I looked at my phone and sighed. "I need to go." He let go of me so I could stand up, pulling his jumper down on me as I did. 

He looked up at me pouting as I adjusted my joggers he'd pulled off me last night. 

"What are you wearing today?"

"Something smart." 

"You are smart baby." 

"Don't start with that again." I smiled as I collected my things together. "I don't have time." He jumped up, putting his hands on my hips, making me laugh nervously. "Lee-" 

"Admit you want it again and I'll let you go." 

"Levi-" 

"Baby. Tell me." His words sent shivers down my spine. 

"If I didn't have to go, I totally would love for you to do me again." His kisses started at my neck and I started laughing. "But alas! I must leave." 

"You're so hot in my jumper." 

"I'll wear black for you. Is that what you want to hear?" 

"Fuck yes. You in black is-" He threw his head back and shook it. "No, you in nothing. God don't make me choose which is better." 

"Well I can't wear nothing around the office so you'll have to cope with black." 

"Okay deal." He kissed my cheek and I scrolled through my phone. 

"Okay. I'll see you at the office. Be quiet. I'm calling Brooke." I kissed him quickly before pulling the door open and walking quickly to my car at the front of the house.

"Hey girly. What's up?" 

"What are you doing right now? I know you're not working." 

"I'm just at home why? What's wrong?" 

"Can you meet me at mine in like 10?" 

"Sure. Are you okay? You sound out of breath?" 

"I'm great Brooke. I just have a lot to tell you but I need a shower first." 

"Okay well you go shower, your mum will let me in." 

"Just say I asked you over. Don't say anything else. Please. Just between us 2 Brooke." 

"Of course. Is it that serious?" 

"Oh its serious serious." 

"Oh god okay." 

"I've got to go though. I'll see you soon." I hung up before she could answer and climbed into my car, taking off as quickly as I could. I had no idea how I was getting up to my room without my mother seeing me.

I'll just be quiet. This time of day with this weather they will probably be in the pool outside so I may have a chance. If she saw me coming in she'd see the jumper and then she'd ask who it was and if I don't answer she'll call dad. And he'll know why I wasn't at work right now like I should be.