Four

Hey. It's Erica from the studio. 

Can I get those details? 

"There see that easy." She handed me my phone back and I smiled at her. "So he's cute huh?" 

"I mean sure? More you're type than mine though." 

"Too sweet?" 

"Like sherbert." I giggled and looked down at the reply. 

Sure thing
Does that mean you found a friend? 

The cheek.

I have a friend, Ignore Mr Clifford. I'm bringing her tonight. 

I don't believe you have a friend.
Are you with her right now? 

Yes, having dinner. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

I handed my phone to Brooke who cackled at me. 

"He's funny." I rolled my eyes. 

"Brooke, a guy could tell you who watched paint dry and you think it was the funniest thing in the world." She moved the phone on camera mode, setting it to take pictures whilst we talked like she always did. She liked the more casual looking ones and this is how she got them. 

"I mean why was he watching paint dry in the first place?" I put my hand over my eyes and laughed at her as she bent over my creasing with laughter.  Was she really this drunk already. She can't be.

"Okay I think it's time to switch you to water pisshead." I chuckled and grabbed my phone, flicking through the photos and sending one to Isaac. 

See, friend. 

Bull. 
How long have you known her? 30seconds? 

Since I was 7. 

Suspicious. 

My god you're intolerable. You can ask her yourself tonight

I locked my phone and put it in the middle of the table, watching as the address flashed up on the screen, another text immediately after. 

It's not going to be crazy. Just my friends and you girls and a few others. Come around whenever, it's already busy so you could probably slip in and I'd never notice.

Okay. Thanks.

Your friend is cute BTW.

I laughed and locked my phone, putting it back on the table. Okay maybe he was funny. He certainly was easy to talk to, that's for sure. 

"So how's work?" Brooke sat back in her chair and looked at me. I groaned and put my head back. "You're dad still trying to tempt you?" 

"Yes but now he's going hard with the whole not dating thing, hence why I text you today. He sent Isaac to befriend me. How gross is that?" 

"I meann.." 

"BROOKE." I snapped at her. "You're not supposed to be on his side here." 

"I mean I'm not, sending Isaac down was a dick move, but he is right about the dating thing being weird. You were a teen when you last had anything. Does that not weird you out?" 

"I mean kind of? I don't know. It's hard because I'm over Declan. Way, WAY over him. But at the same time. I really just don't want to do that shit again." 

"It's been 4 years Ez."

"I know." I sighed and laid my head sideways. "Trust me I fucking know." She laughed again. 

"So let's get you a guy tonight." 

"Woah slow down there maniac." I grabbed her hand, stopping her from sliding out the booth. "I am not just jumping on some guy just for the sake of it. I am not a one night stand kind of girl like other people here." 

"Hey!" She slapped a hand over her mouth in shock. "I am not a slag." 

"I never said you were babe." I put my glass to my eyes, averting my eyes from her with a cheeky smile on my face. "You said it yourself." I took a sip as she threw some napkins at me. 

"You bitch." 

"That I will hold my hands up to and admit." I smiled as I slid the glass down, now empty. "What time is it?" 

"Like 10?" 

"Is that too early to go to this party. I could really do with some more drinks tonight." She looked around the restaurant and nodded. 

"We can go." She got a waiters attention and paid, refusing to allow me to even grab my card. 

I loved nights like this with her. Any night with Brooke was guaranteed to be a good night. She had a higher alcohol tolerance than me. Or rather, she would be sobering up as I was getting black out, meaning she was able to get us home safely without any worry. 

Plus I had a mean punch when I was drunk so anyone that fucked us about knew what hit them and it was never expected. 

"Okay let's go find you a guy." I rolled my eyes and slid out the booth, pulling down my dress as I did so I wasn't exposed and pulling my denim jacket on. "I can't believe you're wearing a jacket." 

"I am not, not wearing sleeves. I'm not going to be pushing for a guy to throw himself at me thanks." 

"At least take it off when we get there." 

"I'll take it off when I find a guy I liked." 

"So never then?" 

"Precisely." She pulled her phone out, ordering an Uber to get us there. 

It was a comfortable silence as we stood. It took a few seconds after the car was confirmed before she turned and wrapped me into a hug. A long hug, deep and tight. 

"I missed you Ez." 

"I missed you too Brooke. I'm sorry it's been a while. It's just been so manic. I've barely had time to breathe." I hugged her back and she chuckled. 

"Can we go back to school? Shit was so simple then." 

"Ugh. I know. The most work we had to worry about was homework due in 2 weeks time." I chuckled and she nodded. "Now I have to worry about if I'm going to get one day off in 2 weeks."

"We need to do better at this friend thing though." She sighed and stepped back. "One girls night a week. Even if it's just a movie night at yours after you finish work." 

"Okay one night a week. I think my sisters can deal with that." 

"We can make it two and have one with them if you want?"

"I can not think of anything worse than spending the full night with both of them every week." I chuckled at the thought "Maybe once a month with Mia and Soph though." 

"Yes. Okay deal." She held her hand out and I shook. I'd have to keep this. Maybe then my dad would lay off a little.