[3. Duplication]

Começar do início

As you entered, you could see MK banging his head on the table and groaning with exhaustion. The way his hair was messy, the bags under his eyes, and the whole look of his posture practically screamed, 'I'M TIRED!'

He was seated next to Tang, who didn't seem to mind his whining, "Wow, MK. You look like hot garbage. Tired?"

You sat down next to MK, giving him a gentle head pat, "Consider taking a break, MK. I'll do your shift."

"What? No. I'm fine. I just need to close my eyes for a couple sec..."

MK stretched his back before sinking into a bowl of noodles and drowning himself in exhaustion; bubbles were made by his snores.

You chuckled a bit, lifting his head out of the bowl and allowing him to lie on your shoulder while wiping his wet face with a tissue.

"MK, (N/n) is correct. You're pushing yourself too hard. Working all day, partying all night, painting boats? It's not good for a growing boy! As an example, (Y/n) is discipline with her schedule," Tang said, taking a big sip from his bowl, "Right?"

You nodded hesitantly. How on earth are you going to explain to Tang how messed up your schedule is right now?

MK sighed, "I don't want to let my friends down, you know? But it's hard! I'm just one guy."

You and Tang exchanged hesitant glances.

"You're also their friends, MK. If they are your real friends, they will care about you, your health, your alone time, and your personal life. Just take a break. But..."

There's another option other than taking a rest but it's 50/50. Although it might fail, it could also succeed.

You tilted your head towards MK, signaling Tang that he should be the one to informed this. However, Tang quickly shook his head and cast a hopeful gaze your way, saying 'Please say it to it him.' 

"But?" MK raised an eyebrow, curious.

You grumbled before explained, "But there is an alternative... You have Monkey King's powers, right? That means you're able to create duplicates of yourself, just like him."

You took MK's red book and opened it to find a page where he had drawn the monkey king's golden hair, "Look. One of Monkey King's 72 transformations."

Without MK's permission, Tang used his chopstick to pluck a few hairs off his head, "Pluck out some hair. Blow on it."

"Oookkaayy?" MK obeyed despite finding this a little odd.

He gently blew the hair, which was then blown away by the wind and swiftly fell to the ground.

"And some monkeys pop out," You and Tang said in unison.

A short while after, the hair became golden and changed into an identical replica of MK.

Let's just say that you were startled by it and soon observed the other MK.

You raised his arms, fluffed his silky yet coarse hair, and stroked his cheek before quickly walking backwards, face reddened.

That's literally the exact same MK.

"Holy crap, MK. You did it!" You gave MK an admiring look while grinning enthusiastically. But you were a little taken aback that he gave his own duplicate a frown, "Trying to take her from me? How come she drew closer to you right away?"

Upon hearing it, you giggled, 'Still the same jealous MK I know.'

"Happy, MK?"

"Very! Now I can be in all the places at all the time." MK squealed before pushing MK #2 towards the exit along with you.