He holds me tighter in response. "Thank you for protecting our sun". He whispers.

I just keep running my hand on his back until he stops whimpering.  And his breath evens out.

After a short time. Feeling him completely relaxed i place him on the bed gently and cover him.

Taking few seconds to observe him as he sleeps.  He looks at peace causing a small smile to slip.

After observing him for few more minutes i head down to check on sun. Instead of finding him eating as i thought, i find him surrounded by a bunch of men.

Leaning on the door frame,  i stare at them. Sun was busy entertaining my men, who normally are always around with stoic faces but instead they were here laughing to whatever the kid says.

The house was filled with lots of laughter.  And for a moment i just closed my eyes to savour the moment.

When i open them i find Rema, who was Leaning aganist the kitchen counter as he observes me with a smirk.

Giving him a blank look, i approach sun. Who brightens up even more upon seeing me if that's even possible.

"It's bed time, little buddy".  I say as i extended my arms.

Carrying him protectively in my arms. I command everyone to go back to their positions. 

I place him gently beside his uncle. As i pat him gently until he also falls asleep.

After making sure that they are both sleeping well. I head to the basement only to find Rema already working on them.

"Have they said anything useful yet". I ask as i receive a file containing their personal information from Baba.

"Oh nothing important just that, they are more scared of whoever that person is than me. That's what those two dead men said".  Rema says with a shrug.

Baba exhales beside me. "So you killed them. Because they said they aren't scared of you".

"Baba am not that mean. I got carried away".  Rema replies with a grin. "But hey, look on the bright side we still have one guy to go".

I turn to the guy to find him trying his best not to tremble.  But his bouncing legs were giving him away.

"It says here you are a father of two kids". I say before looking him dead in the eyes." I don't really plan to let you live but you can decide either you are dying alone or having your family accompany you".

"If you touch them i........".

Rema stabs him on the thigh before screaming at the same time with the guy.

"Dude don't be a wuss, the knife is only 2cm in. Nothing fatal". Rema continues with dissapointed look.

The guy was now trying his best to control his breath. And the trembling was clearly visible.

"Baba go bring his family.  I think he needs motivation. And Rema you are allowed to do to them what you deem fit". I say as i turn to leave. "Preferably infront of him".

"I was hoping you'd say that". Rema replies with a grin.

"I'll talk. I'll tell you everything,  you want to know. Just...just please leave my family".  The man cries before i could leave.

"Start talking".  I say as i sit on a chair opposite to his.

Gulping he looks at me with so much hatred.  "It was the order from the chief of police. That guy we had kidnapped had obtained evidence against him. So they were orders to kill the prosecutor,  him and that kid..........".

I remove the knife from his thigh in a fast motion then stab him in another location on the thigh only this time it goes way deeper.

Exhaling i lean on the chair leisurely as i listen to him scream.

"Cut their heads and serve them on a plate. Send them to chief's house for dinner". I demand before leaving.

Walking in my room i head straight to the bathroom,  to wash away the blood.
I move quietly,  dressing into my night clothes and closing the wardrobes gently.

As i turn to leave.  I freeze on the spot.

"What are you doing". Lucian asks grogily

"I just came to change into something comfortable". I say as i begin moving.

"Can you......". he hesitates." Can you stay".

I stare at him. "I mean the bed has enough space".  He continues.  "But only if  you are comfortable".  He adds hesitantly.

I take few steps towards the bed. And lay beside sun gently so that i don't wake him up.

We remain quiet for few minutes.  With neither of us speaking yet still aware that we are both awake.

"Those men said that they had sent mutiple people to sun's school. But they never got back. Was that you". He whispers finally.

I hum in agreement. " I had my men protecting him from a distance".

Instead of the scolding i was expecting.  I received a shaky breath and a mumbled thank you.

"How did you know our location". He asks again after some time.

"I told you, i keep what is mine close to me". I answer quietly.  "Besides i had already noticed people after him. So i kept a tracker on his phone. But if you are asking about the attack, sun called me. When he was under the car". I add

"You never really stopped talking to him did you?". He asks with an expression i couldn't read.

"No. I never did".

He chuckles. "And here i thought my threats actually worked". Giving me a sideway glance he continues. "I should have known.  If not you, then sun would never had let it go that easily".

"We talked every day". I inform him playfully.

He chuckles before closing his eyes and releasing a shaky breath. "I have a friend,  he is a prosecutor. A good one, they said he is dead. Can you help me check on him".

I already know that his friend is dead. but one look at his expression, and i couldn't bring myself to tell him that. Atleast not yet.

"I will look into it".

"Wait, how long have you been protecting sun".

"Long enough". I reply with a smile.

"Then why did you use him to threaten me". He asks with a frown

I just laugh in return.

"Thank you for ........everything". he whispers before turning sideways. "But i still hate you".

I turn so that we are now face to face.
"I want to kiss you".

He immediately closes his eyes causing me to smirk. But as am leaning in, sun starts laughing.

Causing Lucian to immediately open his eyes in horror. Smiling i close sun's eyes and give Lucian a gentle kiss on his lips.