Chapter 8

Ichigo walks into class the next day with bandages on his forehead. Rukia means to inquire, but he just sends a dark look in her direction.

"Don't ask."

"H-Hai."

He takes his seat with a menacing look at his desk.

"What's up with Ichigo?" Tatsuki murmurs.

"Who knows, with him you can never tell. " Keigo inputs.

He wasn't exactly wrong.

During the lunch break, you offer your continuous apologies to Ichigo. He's sitting with you on the roof having lunch. You can tell he's still a bit agitated.

"Gomen."

"It's fine."

The gauze on his forehead proved that it was in fact not fine. It's his fault though.

Why did he have to say that so suddenly?

"D-Did you mean it?"

"Are you going to head butt me again."

"I-I won't." You sulk.

Ichigo glances down at you as you shift in your spot.

"I did. Your glasses are pretty nerdy, but you still look cute. When you take them off, I can see your eyes much better. It's nice. I'm glad that I'm the only one who gets to see."

Steam rushes right off your head, and you wobble.

"H-Hey are you okay?"

"(Y/N)....attack!"

You hit him smack in the jaw this time.

"GYAH!!"

~~~

"Gomen, gomen, gomen."

Ichigo is now passed out in the infirmary, and the nurse smiles.

"No worries, it's nice of you to come and look after your friend when he faints.

"He didn't faint, I killed him." You're sulking again.

"I'll be back, please look after him while I'm gone~"

"D-Don't just leave!!"

It's too late, she's already out the door.

"Today is turning into a really stressful day."

It's no one's fault but your own.

For now all you can really do is look out until he wakes up.

"Cute."

The word keeps running around in your head. This is the second time he's said that to you. It was weird hearing that from someone other than family. Ichigo shifts below, and you spring to your feet. He straightens, pressing a hand to his forehead.

"Y-You're awake!! I'm going to get the nurse." You rush to the door. The second it opens, it's slammed shut. Ichigo's hand is pressed to the door, and your back is turned.

"H-How did he move that quickly.."

You look back, but the stare that meets you isn't the chocolate gaze you're used to. A smirk makes its way on his lips. Those topaz hues are now very prominent. There's black circled around his orbs. The sight is a bit unsettling.

"King's taking a little nap right now."

Even his tone of voice sounds a bit different. You turn to him shakily.

"K-King?"

What's going on?