Eniola struggled to attribute everything he was going to say to his drunkenness.

"I liked you before—" He shook his head and got up from his position.

Although there was no sway in his steps as he opted to sit in front of her, his speech was incredibly slurred.

"I swear, I really did." He held her hand with both of his and brought them to his lips.

Her face warmed at his words.

He's wasted. She reminded herself.

"And now... I like you even more..." Tobias watched her with unfocused eyes. "I'm just worried you do not see me in that light."

She knew she should not encourage his rambling but still-

"Are you for real? Do you even have any idea how much I love you?" She said, attempting to pry her fingers away from his. "If anything, I should be the one doing the worrying—"

"I do not like seeing you worried. Allow me to worry for both of us." He said instead, frowning as he still held onto her hand, "Please, don't let go."

"Tobi, I think we should go to bed," Eniola said, biting her lips in concern. He was going to be so embarrassed the next day.

"I want to be with you."

"You can be with me tomorrow." She said, her eyes widening as his hold on her tightened. He did not seem like he would move an inch.

"What about the day after tomorrow?" Tobias asked and she gave him a small smile. If only he were sober.

"Sure."

"And the day after that?"

"Yes, Tobi."

"And after that one?"

Exasperatedly, she closed his mouth with her palm, laughing as he licked her hand.

"Idiot. You should have told me you were the clingy type when you're drunk."

His eyes nearly shone as he stared at her smile.

He was effortlessly beautiful.

"I really like you, Eniola." He said, his words nearly muffled as her palms still stayed in place. She withdrew her hand as he finished.

"You're a lost cause, Tobi but yeah, I like you too." She said easily.

Her attraction to him had never been a secret. He on the other hand was finding it hard to sound half as believing as he was drunk out of his mind.

"I thought you loved me." He interjected. "Do you not love me anymore?" For some odd reason, he looked like he was a few moments away from crying.

With an exaggerated sigh, Eniola said, "Remind me to never let you get drunk."

He pouted as he tugged on her wrist, "I'd never pass up an opportunity to be with you."

Her cheeks warmed at his words. Drink or sober, he was smooth.

Eniola's hand returned to his face, her fingers tracing the slight stubble on his chin. He was never one for facial hair.

"And neither would I."

He smiled at her words, faltering when she grazed his dark eyebrows, "Are you planning on taking advantage of me?"

Eniola laughed at his silliness as she tapped his forehead.

"Would you prefer if I did?" she asked and his nod was enthusiastic. "Say please,"