𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"— ᴡᴇ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴛ ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀᴘᴏᴏʟ ᴛʀɪᴘ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʏꜱꜰᴜɴᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴜɴʀᴇꜱᴏʟᴠᴇᴅ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ɪꜱꜱᴜᴇ?"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Tony joined in on their short trip to Long Islands, best to say, it was the most pleasant carpool trip she ever had in the past 32 years. Tony was stubborn to be in charge of the music selection while Bucky was whining and complaining about his poor taste in music, though Andromeda could hear him humming to the songs a few times they didn't argue. Soon enough they arrived, Tony parked the car by the side of the road before the forest entry.

"You two stay here", she instructed. "I'll be going there alone".

"Over my dead body", Bucky quickly said, interrupting Tony who was going to say the same thing, Tony arched his eyebrows at him.

Andromeda was baffled, "you can't go in there, only demigods can. There's a magic barrier before the camp's entrance, you'd be dead if you try to break in".

"Maybe it's not Stark's tech-proof yet?" Tony offered.

Andromeda shook her head, "it was made by Zeus, Tony. Unless you're a god, you can't. Seriously, you two, stay", she gave them one last warning look before finally turning around and making her way into the forest.

Though she should've known better that they were the most stubborn people they ever met, Tony and Bucky followed her and she gave up scolding two grown men. She was expecting monsters to attack her, but through the entire walk to Thalia's pine tree, her expectations failed her. It didn't make her any less anxious, though.

They stopped by the barrier, they could see how it glowed goldenly, and the entrance across it. Tony and Bucky were waiting impatiently for her to continue, yet she didn't.

"Come on, Andy, we don't have all day", Tony said in annoyance.

"I know", she muttered, her hands shaking as it slowly extended to reach over the border. With only inches away, she stopped, breathed out, and quickly turned around, "actually, let's just go to Greece, we don't need them—"

"— We literally just spent hours in a carpool trip to go here, don't tell me you have another dysfunctional unresolved family issue?" Tony scolded.

Andromeda rolled her eyes, "we're not going inside—"

"—but why?"

"—is there something wrong?" Bucky worriedly asked.

"—let's just go!"

"—We're not going unless you tell us why", Tony argued.

"I— it doesn't matter, we don't need them, Tony".

"What she's trying to say is—", the three turned their heads at the approaching voice, Chiron, the centaur walked up to them, but stayed behind the border, "—she can't get in ''.

Tony and Bucky were appalled to see a centaur— half man- half horse in front of them. "What do you mean, she can't get in? She's a demigod, daughter of Apollo", Bucky questioned.

"You didn't tell them?" Chiron raised his eyebrows, looking at Andromeda who was glaring at him questionably. "She's banned from here because she—"

"Chiron, don't—",

"—she was on the wrong side of war", Chiron ignored her as he continued.

"On the wrong side of war—", Tony was baffled, "she fought against the Nazis, against Hydra, she was basically a war hero".

"Not your war, the wars of Olympus. I believed you're here because of Aamon, I know you'd come sooner or later".

"I'm fighting on the right side now, Chiron", she confessed, her fists clenched tightly on her sides.

"Then why don't you take a step in?"

"You know I can't", she said through gritted teeth.

Tony groaned, "why? Okay, I get it, you were being stupid back then, but you did some good now, maybe you can get in now".

She was breathing heavily, Chiron's stares were burning holes through her. "You have to tell all of your secrets to them, Andromeda, it's the only way in, they're your loved ones, no?"

The mention of it made Bucky wary and surprised at the same time, "Andy, let's just go. Maybe we don't need them", he grabbed her hand, she glanced at him and there were guilty looks on her face. "What?"

"We need my stuff, James. It's inside, it's the only weapon to kill Aamon", she answered.

"Then spill your secrets, woman. You're driving me insane here, I promise anything that you did and hid wouldn't make me any more irritated than right now", Tony groaned.

She was hesitating, and she also knew that they didn't have much time too, "When the Olympus gods were trying to ban Aamon from Olympus, there was a war, splitting the gods into two, ones that were trying to cast him off, ones that were protecting him. It was one of the biggest wars in Olympus, my dad didn't abandon me here as any other gods did, and unlike the others, I did live in Olympus for a few hundred years. I hated it there, you should've seen how they were— how Zeus behaved while humans were at each other's throats, I loathed him. So when Ares and Kratos created Aamon—", there was built-up horror on Bucky and Tony's face, "—and before you could think that I was like his mother, no, I wasn't. I— I was on the side of the war with Aamon, along with Kratos, and other gods' children that hated Zeus, but when we lost, I was cast out along with Aamon and other demigods that were on his side. My dad abandoned me there with him".

"That—", Bucky hesitated, "—that wasn't really bad, I was in HYDRA too, you didn't know what you were doing, you thought you were doing something good—". She was crying, tears fell on her cheeks as she shook her head.

Chiron stared at her pitifully, "they were in love, lovers actually". Bucky dropped his hand from her, she felt cold again. "He left her once he stole her power from her, gaining him an advantage to regain his power, and now he's back and on a mission to rebuild the entrance to Olympus. This time with a stronger army, come in, Andromeda, you must hurry and get your stuff".

She didn't even turn to look at Tony or Bucky, she couldn't. She quickly wiped her tears as she followed Chiron inside Camp Half-Blood.