Of course, Seth isn't charming by any means, but you get my point.

"No, Mr. Zamuel, I cannot call you by your first name for I believe it wouldn't be appropriate for me, your personal chef, to call you by your first name." Truth be told I thought his name would sound nice rolling off my tongue if it was given the chance, but it was only a few months ago that my heart was shattered into a million pieces, and I was forced to leave my old life behind and take up a new one.

One that now consisted of me being a mom...

In a way I keep having to remind myself that I am pregnant and am not just chubby by nature. I know that I am pregnant, but I believe it's the acceptance part that I have found great difficulty. Part of me hates the child, the other part is in a denial about it, and then there was an ounce of me that is trying to accept God into my life. Now that part is trying to not rage war on the other two. But talk some sense to them and it's trying to show them a bright and sunny picture of what our future can look like if we just accept the child and stop the hate campaign towards it.

I don't know who to side with.

"We can start off with some garlic bread if you are still undecided. I do not wish for the baby to starve because your brain can't agree with your stomach on what to eat."

It was hard to contain my glare but throughout the day I have found that even though Seth is rude and certainly does not care about any other person's feelings. In a way there is always an undertone emotion to his words and this time I believe he is trying to express that a tiny little part of him cares for the baby he has known for less than forty-eight hours.

How cute, and what am I? Chopped liver?

"I would love some, and I am ready to order, that is of course if your pig-headed self is as well?" I couldn't help myself, I had to throw a dig at him.

He did in fact call me the Pillsbury doughboy...

A light smirk flickers across his lips but does not last long nor try to take root for his frown returns only moments later. Flagging down the nearest waiter we both order, Seth orders Blushing Penne Pasta rather as I ordered a dish consisting of angel hair pasta along with chicken and cherries. Writing down our orders the waiter dashes off to the kitchen, leaving Seth and I alone once more.

"So..."I draw out not truly knowing how to speak with a man who is married. I mean what can I say that won't sound flirty or make me appear as if I was after him in a romantic way?

"Why Culinary school?" He questions with sealed emotions. I wish I could build an invisible wall as tall as the sky to seal my emotions behind like he does. It seems almost like second nature to him, and I deeply envy Seth for it.

"Cooking has been a part of my life since I was child, it's like second nature to me." And it's one of the only talents I seem to have been gifted with. For four years I was treated and catered to as if I was to be the next queen of Britain. Maids served me daily, and fashion designers begged me to wear their clothing lines, but I guess that's the treatment every woman receives when they are engaged to one of the richest men in America.

"Is that how you met the father of your child?" His words were blunt and left me frozen for this wasn't a question but a demand.

Remember the lie, remember the lie...

I chant mentally as I take in a deep breath and pray that he cannot see the distress that dances among my eyes as if they were waves. "No, I grew up with Thomas actually." Bringing my wineglass filled with water to my dry lips, I glance off to side praying that he will just drop this topic for I fear that I am not as good of a liar as everyone seems to believe I am.

"Will he be in the child's life."

Darn you Seth Zamuel why can't you just leave this alone!?

"No." Thomas is like the older brother I never had, he was my best friend and once even my lover but that was years ago. The moment I welcomed the snake into my life Thomas fled as if he feared he would be the snakes next meal. But that's the problem with prey they run when the predator is around, leaving the weakest to fend for themselves and then when the predator is done picking the weakest link apart the prey shows back up again trying to become prince charming. I trusted Thomas and he abandoned me like I was Monday's trash. He may be helping me cover my butt, but he will never be anything to me ever again.

"Perhaps I'm a stranger to you, but if you need help with anything that involves the child I can help." His words sounded so sincere, and my heart wanted to believe that this grumpy, attractive man cared about us, but I knew better. I know Seth Zamuel's type; he is probably just doing this to get social media fame or something that only benefits him.

Because that's what men do, they use you to get what they want and then they throw you away like trash...

I remained quiet for my mind would not give my tongue the words it wanted to say, for I didn't know what to say. But Seth began to speak before a battle sprung between my mind and tongue.

"Miss White my intentions are too not make you uncomfortable but you must remember you are living in my house and along with the other workers who are under my care. If you are in danger of any sorts, then it needs to be brought to my attention, to not shame you but to protect you and whatever danger may fall upon my household."

Pain falls upon my heart like a plague for all the women welcomed me into their home with both open arms and loving hearts. I knew the danger that sought after me would catch up to me soon enough and when it did, I prayed God's mercy would fall upon if not at least my form but the babies for Satan's wrath was currently strapped inside of Jasper's body and when he finds me, he will kill me.

The rest of dinner went by in a blur with only small talk about weather and politics was passed between us. The hour-long drive home was no different, but I felt Seth's distain for the silence in a sense I knew he wanted to dig deeper into my life, but I needed him to stay out of it. I needed everyone to stay out of it for it will only put them in danger.

The truck rolls to a stop off to the side of the manner but neither of us made a run for it and instead we sat there, in the dark for a few minutes.

"Would you like to do this again tomorrow? We can go to another mall if this one was not up to your standards-"

"Mr. Zamuel, I'm going to stop you right there." I cut him off for he needs to understand where I stand. "Today was...very generous of you but let's leave it here, okay? You're a married man and I don't want the others to start thinking things that are in fact not true."

With that I gather my few bags into my arms and left the truck, leaving a quite Seth behind.

Seth Zamuel is a dangerous man in his own right, and I had a heart made out of paper, I can't afford to dance this closely to fire.