I squinted my eyes at the picture, knowing full well that it was me but if I could just convince him that it wasn't, maybe he'll drop whole week thing.

"That's not me."

"Yes it is."

"Nope. Not me."

"Don't lie to me, Cassie."

"I'm not lying. That generally isn't me."

"I know it's you because of this." He said and showed me another picture of my face this time.

"Your mates are snitches."

"Why did you lie?"

"I don't know."

"Cassie?"

"What?"

"Why did you try and lie to me?"

"You don't let me do anything that I used to do."

"Because it's dangerous. The other two didn't care if you got hurt but I do, Cassie. I'm not letting you fall through my grasp again."

"Is that what you're worried about? Me leaving?"

"It's late, Cassie. You've been drinking and you should sleep."

"No. I'm not going to bed until we talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Dad."

"Go to bed.

"No."

"Cassie, go to bed."

"Jay."

"I must be in trouble." He laughed as he looked away from me.

"Talk to me."

"I'm scared, Cassie. I'm really scared. I'm scared that one day, I'll wake up and you'll be gone. I can't lose you. I'm trying to keep you safe so I don't have to feel that pain. I don't want to lose you."

I looked up at him before I ran into his body and hugged him. I could feel my top getting wet as he cried on my shoulder.

"I love you, Dad and I'm sorry."

"I love you too."

"Thank you for trying to stick up for me about the wall thing."

"I wanted to do more, I really did."

"It's okay."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologise."

*No One's Pov*

It was coming up to four months since Cassie had moved in with Jay. The team were meeting up for dinner at some restaurant downtown that served Spanish dishes. Antonio had chosen it because he swore it had the best food and Cassie needed to experience it as well as everyone else.

"So, what about college? You've got to apply this year, right?" Asked Jay as he and Cassie walked down the street.

"Yep, it's really early for some reason."

"Where are you thinking of going?"

"Um...there's an academy that I've been looking at."

"Oh yeah? What do you wanna be?"

"A detective."

"No. It's too dangerous." Said Jay as he hid his smirk.

"Oh shut up." Laughed Cassie as she gently nudged him.

"You shut up." Said Jay through laughter.

"I love you, kid."

"Love you too, Dad."

"Still not happy with you being a detective."

Jay and Cassie walked down the street, lightly pushing each other before they finally made it to the restaurant. They met the others outside and they all greeted each other with bro hugs. Kevin ruffled Cassie's hair and she lightly pushed him off before they walked into the restaurant.

"To family." Cheered Hank as everyone raised their glasses at the end of the night.

"So, what do you wanna be, kid?" Asked Trudy.

"A detective."

"No." They all said in unison.

"I've already told her." Said Jay.

"Why that job?" Asked Will. "Why not a doctor?"

"Stop trying to convince me, Will. It's not going to happen."

"Worth a try."

"I've always wanted to be one and now I know that you guys can literally improve a person's life by so much, I've finally decided that it's my dream job."

"You'll do great, kid. Probably better than Jay."

"Woah, there was no need for that. I'm great."

"I've heard about the time some lady hit you with her frying pan." Laughed Cassie but she tried to hide it.

The rest of the evening was spent with the team sharing funny stories as well as Cassie sharing about times she's gotten into trouble and about her and Millie's friendship.

"You should hear how she completely decked it on that hill." Said Millie.

"Okay. There's no need for that."

"I've got a video."

"C'mon, let's see." Said Adam as Cassie tried to stop Millie from showing them.

______________________

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading, voting and commenting on this story. I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I'm so happy and proud of how far I've come in terms of my writing. Thank you again guys, couldn't do it without you or your support. :)

*I'm not sure when a new book will be out because I have to crack on and revise because GCSE year is a very busy one. But I won't leave you guys for too long.