Party

Cassie got ready for the party and was in a pair of black jeans and a white crop top with a green and black jacket. She skated to the local park to meet up with Millie, who walked to the party with Cassie.

"Hey, how have you been?" Asked Millie.

"Good. You?"

"It's alright. Nanny Janet came over and grabbed my face as usual. You're lucky you don't have to deal with her."

"I think I'd rather deal with her than be on my own."

"Shit. I'm sorry Cassie."

"It's fine. Let's get off to the party, yeah?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

Everyone was dancing and singing to Raise Your Glass by P!nk. Millie and Cassie were jumping up and down along with everyone else when the chorus came on.

"So raise your glass if you are wrong!"

"In all the right ways!"

"Slam slam, oh hot damn!" Everyone said as they bobbed their heads to the music and danced with their friends.

Pink and green lights were flashing around in the huge living room while blue lights were flashing around in the pool.

"Do a backflip!" Shouted someone to a boy who was stood on the roof.

Millie and Cassie were walking outside as a boy was flipping into the pool and everyone was cheering.

"What can I get ya, ladies?" Asked the bartender that Luke, Jason's brother, had hired.

"Two martinis please and two shots of vodka." Said Millie.

"You girls are going wild."

"It's a Christmas party with good tunes." Said Cassie.

"Glad you like the music." Said Luke as he walked up to them.

"It's a really good party." Said Millie.

"Thanks guys. Also sorry about my bother being weird the other day. Apparently it's how he talks to girls."

"You need to educate that boy before he meets the wrong person."

"Oh trust me, he already has."

"Can I buy you l-"

"No." Said the girls towards Jason before he could even finish.

"Go find your mates and leave the girls alone." Said Luke towards his brother who had walked off.

The girls had started to head towards a seated area when Luke stopped Cassie.

"What's up?" She asked him.

"I heard you were looking for your parents a year ago. I hired an investigator to look into it and I found something."

"Oh wow, you really didn't have to."

"No, you should know. I know what it's like to not know your real parents."

"You're adopted?"

"Yeah. My mom went to prison when I was three."

"I'm really sorry to hear that."

"Nah, don't worry. I've gotten past it."

"Okay. As long as you're good?"

"All good. Oh, here are the documents. I'd look after the party so you can really take the information in when you don't have alcohol in your system."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"No problem."

"See you around."