Scratches

*No One's Pov*

It wasn't a particularly busy day in the ED. There were some people sat in the waiting room but that was because they were waiting for family.

The doors slid open as a young boy rushed in with Mille in his arms. She was passed out and was shivering. The parents came in afterwards with Cassie by their side, who had blood dripping down her face and a few scratches up her arm.

Cassie couldn't feel the pain she was in, mainly from shock but she could see that her hands were shaking and that doctors were running up to Millie.

Maggie called Crockett to help Millie and he rushed over quickly. He was on his break but no one else was currently available and she looked to be in bad shape.

Cassie walked over to a seat and slowly sank into it before her knees gave out on her. She laid her head back on the wall and closed her eyes as she took a deep breath.

"Will you girls be okay?" Asked the mom.

"Yes. Thank you so much. Sorry to trouble you."

"It's no problem at all. You girls take care. I hope your friend is okay."

"Thank you. Sorry."

"No problem." Said the mom and went to leave but stopped to wait for her son.

Her son was talking to Maggie and was pointing towards Cassie as they spoke.

The family finally left and Maggie went over to talk to Cassie. She crouched down in front of her before she held her hand and gently shook her shoulder to get her to open her eyes.

"Hey, the young boy said you were with your friend, Millie."

"Mhm."

"He said you were hurt."

"Not as bad as her. I'm awake."

"How about I get a doctor to clean up that head of yours and I'll get them to take a look at your arm?"

"People have been here longer than me."

"They are waiting for family."

"Okay then."

"C'mon."

Cassie followed Maggie into a room while they waited for a doctor to be free. The curtain was open to her room as well as Millie's room. She sat on the bed and looked across at Millie's room as the doctors tried to get her to wake up. Cassie's eyes started to blur and become glassy as she stared.

"Hey, you okay?" Asked Will as he walked in and took a seat in front of her.

"I'm fine."

"Okay. Well, I'm Dr Halstead but you are welcome to call me Will if you would like to."

Cassie looked up at him when he said his name. She started to panic. He can't know.

"Hey, shh. It's okay." Said Will and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I want a different doctor."

"I'm sorry?"

"I want a different doctor."

Will stood up from the chair and took a deep breath as he looked down at the girl. He walked out and called Ethan over as he handed him the tablet.

"Hey, Cassie. I'm Dr Choi. I know Will's red hair is a bit bright. It sometimes scares people."

"I'm not scared of him."

"It's okay if you are."

"I'm not."