Chapter 25 - New Year's Eve

Mulai dari awal

After what happened.

I cried again infront of him, then he hugged me.

"Iiyak mo lang 'yan, alam kong mas makakapag-pagaan ng loob mo 'yan kung ilalabas mo lahat ng nararamdaman mo ngayon." He said while patting my back, gently.

"Alam nating lahat na strong person si Jane. Hindi sya magpapa-talo at walang mangyayaring masama sakanya more than this nang dahil lang sa accident."

"I know that you're blaming yourself because of what happened, pero no one expected this. Huwag mong sisihin sarili mo, Janella ha?" I kept on crying.

I needed this hug.

He held both of my shoulders and made me look at him.

"Now, you need to talk to Jane privately. I'll tell her parents and also Zoe and Kim to give you both some privacy." I wiped my tears, then we both stood up.

When he opened the door, we saw that Jane's parents are crying, and also Zoe.

Kim is sitting on a couch there while looking... Sad? I can't really read her emotion right now.

But i'm sure that she's also unhappy for what had happen to Jane, even though Jane and her are not that close.

"Tito, tita, Zoe and Kim." I can feel that he's signing them to give me and Jane some privacy for a minute.

All of them understood, but i can feel Zoe's glare at me while she's walking towards me and the door.

They closed the door as soon as they are all outside.

I cried again and then walked towards Jane who's lying in the hospital bed.

I remember how i cried when she was hospitalized because of me.

The night we found out that she has a heart problem.

I sat in the chair that was beside the bed.

I held her hand.

"Jane, i'm sorry for doing this to you. I know this is my fault. I shouldn't have said that i'm already outside the airport."

"Please don't leave me so soon."

"Please fight for your life. I don't want you to leave me again." I brought out the box of the engagement ring.

"Before i ask you something even though you won't be able to answer it right now, i have a confession to make."

"This is the most important thing that i'm telling you about. This is why i returned to US, just to get this."

"Remember this? This is the engagement ring that i brought, 5 years ago." I said, while i'm inserting the engagement ring to her finger.

"Just throw this if your answer is no."

"I threw this 5 years ago, but thankfully, i found it again. I told myself that i won't let go of this until i moved on. But, surprise! It's been five years but i'm still madly, deeply inlove with you, Jane Florence De Leon."

I'm still crying while talking to her. I can't help it.

I feel like something heavy is inside my heart.

"I love you, Jane. I always do. So please, don't leave me forever, alright?" I kissed her hand.

I can't even look at her without being hurt in her state right now.

I feel like i really did this to her.

I feel like i don't really deserve to be loved by someone like her.