Chapter 25 - New Year's Eve

Start from the beginning

She's frowning at me with a teary look in her eyes.

"Hindi makaka-tulong kung mag-aaway kayong mag-pinsan." Joshua said, with a sad voice.

Now is the only time that i heard Joshua spoke with an unhappy voice.

Normally, he's full of joy.

Zoe sat again.

"Mr. and Mrs. De Leon?" The doctor came and called Jane's parents.

Oh no...

What happened?

Jane, please.

"Glad to know that you both are already here. Ayoko nang magpatumpik-tumpik pa, Jane is okay." Now, i can breathe properly.

We all cried in happiness.

"We need to be thankful dahil hindi naapektuhan 'yung puso nya. Normally kasi, nagp-panic ang ibang patient na may heart attack or anything that can cause heart attack after the car crash."

"However..." Oh.

"She may be in a coma. A brain hemorrhage was found because of the accident."

"Brain hemorrhage? Ano 'yun doc?"

"A brain hemorrhage means her brain is bleeding. We expect for her to wake up in 2-4 weeks, But we also expect for her to have a difficulty of speaking or understand the words that we are saying."

"She may also change or loss her vision, severe headache or seizures. She may lost her sense of hearing because of the accident, but we are hoping that it will not come to that situation."

"Pwede na ba namin syang makita, Doc?" The doctor said yes, but after that,

The doctor said his goodbyes 'cause he needs to check his other patients.

Tita Evelyn cried into Tito Arthur's chest, by hugging him.

I sat again then put my both hands into my face, to cover it.

This is my fault.

This is definitely my fault.

They all goes to the room where Jane is in, but i didn't.

I didn't followed them.

I want them to have a private talk to Jane, even though she's in coma now.

I want her parents to have a moment with her first, and her friends. Our friends, before me.

Surprisingly, after 20 minutes of sitting there alone, Zoe came and walk towards me.

"This is all your fault!" I already know that, but i'll let her say that 'cause it really is my fault.

"If you hadn't told her to fetch you into the airport!"

"You have a fucking money, right?! You're rich! Bakit hindi ka nalang nag-book ng kotse?! You idiot bitch!" I just won't answer and fight her back.

I deserve this.

I deserve her anger.

"Janella naman! Bakit hindi nalang ikaw 'yung naaksidente?! Bakit si Jane pa?!" How i wish i can switch position with Jane.

"If Jane dies, i will fucking kill you."

That was the last word that i heard coming from her mouth, tonight.

After half an hour of waiting and crying while sitting outside the room, Joshua came walking towards me and said, "Ano Janella, ayos ka lang?" He's the first person that asked me this tonight.