Chapter 1- Why him...

January 24

A nice Tuesday morning.

It is cloudy, slightly raining. The perfect weather for you, it is peaceful.

You're drinking coffee and eating a croissant with Jones.

"Jones are you sure you don't want a croissant too?" You ask.

"Yeah I'm not feeling very well. I'll eat later."

"You okay?" you ask again.

"Yeah just a little nauseous" Says Jones while taking a sip of his coffee when suddenly Ramirez rushes in

"HAVE YOU TWO SEEN THE NEWS?!" He asks.

"AH!! Ramirez you scared me"*sighs* He has spilled his coffee and is now washing his burnt hand under the tap.

You ask "What news?"

"This!! Someone leaked these pictures! We are in charge of this case but before we even know someone uploaded these!" He is holding his tablet towards you.

You gasp. "Oh no..How could this happen.. my dear.."

Jones drops the towel and rushes to you as he sees a tear falling from your eye.

"Y/n What's wrong?" He asks worried.
You point at the screen with a terrified expression and it's..

Jones looks at the screen and immediately takes the tablet from Ramirez who is furious and on the verge of crying.

"What.. how.. Nathan why is he.. WHY?!" He can't hold his tears back anymore. You were supposed to go to a movie together this evening.. Him, Jones, You, Ramirez.. He was Jones' best friend but now he is...

▪︎20 minutes later▪︎

You are now inside Nathans apartment, looking at Nathan's body. He's laying there middle of the now red floor, steady, with a stab wound right on his heart. His glasses are broken. Laying beside him. You need to be strong. You try not to cry. You need to be strong for jones. Who has just lost his best friend.

Jones is staring at Nathan. With visible guilt and deep sadness in his eyes.. He notices a note in Nathan's hand. "What is that..? Y/n there is something in his hand..!"

You immediately go look at it. It's a regular paper which was ripped of a notebook. But the words written on it were not regular at all..

"No.. Jones this is.. This was left by the killer and.."

The text said "I wonder who the next one will be.. I haven't decided yet maybe J or R hahaha maybe G ? Quite enjoyable.. Hunting you, so called heroes. I can't wait. "

Jones reads it and can't believe his eyes. "Are they after us.. the police department.. But why. Why Nathan? He hadn't done anything wrong!"

You say " When it comes to a serial killer, they do not care about that, it seems like.. Poor Nathan. We will find that monster, Jones I promise."

He says, with tears in his eyes "I hope y/n.. I will make them pay for killing such an innocent person. My best friend... We must find them before they take another life!"

▪︎At the station▪︎

You give the note to Gabriel and wait while he analyzes it

Jones is looking out the window. You can't stand seeing him like this.. He looks so sad.

You go and stand beside him. "Jones, sweetie.. Are you-!!" You realize he's been crying. You can tell what he feels. It's all in his eyes, guilt, anger, sadness..