14

"Joseph is holding a success party for his new product at his home tonight. He told me to bring you along without fail. Get ready" Veera says entering the kitchen as i complete with my latest order for a wedding cake.

"Right now ?" I ask , checking the clock which shows 8:30 pm.

"Yes" he says, adjusting his suit perfectly.

I huff shaking my head as i walk over to him.

"Can't you inform before itself ? I am already tired from all the baking. You go along, i can't get ready now" i say, feeling hangry since i haven't eaten lunch or dinner.

At that instant Veera's eyes snap up to mine, for the first time showing an emotion. Anger.

I turn around to wash my hands but am being pulled back and turned around by a hand on mine, making me come face to face with Veera's angry dark eyes.

"Where did ennanga go ?" He asks, almost in a growl as his eyes search mine, his grip on mine tightening by each passing second.

"Y-you are hurting me" i say , struggling to release my hand from his hold.

"Veera release me" i say. I do not accept any kind of physical violence. Let it be anyone.

"You are coming with me" he states before releasing my hand and releasing the string of my apron and starts pulling me till in front of the car that is standing right in front of the house.

"I am not dressed !" I shout as he releases my hand and turns around.

"It is an only friends party and moreover what else are you gonna wear except for the same damn saree ?" He asks in an annoyed voice, dismissing me.

"Get in the passenger seat. Don't make me look like a fool in front of my friends" he says before walking around to the driver seat.

I roll my eyes as I get inside the passenger for the first time since our marriage and close the door as soon as I seat myself.

I look at Veera just as he does so too, we have a challenging eye contact before he starts the car and drives us out of the house.

I hope i am not underdressed for this occasion, seeing that my dear hubby rushed me.

Thank you babes ❤️