Part 2

Harry's grip hadn't loosened since he'd dragged me from the party. Still as i sit beside him in his leather seated car I can fell his touch lingering on my skin

"How are you enjoying New York?" He finally spoke diminishing our silence.

"It's great" I whisper sarcastically "Wait what makes you think I'm not from round here" My words full of demand

"You just don't seem like a girl who's been brought up in a city her whole life" His thick British accent broke though

"Well I have lived in a city before....I've lived in many different places" I mumbled regrettably "I hate to point out the obvious though but you're clearly not from round here"

"Ah but that's where you're wrong" My face broke out into confusion "I've lived here for almost half my life"

"My life feels complete knowing that" I answered sarcastically

"You know some people would find sarcasm the lowest form of wit"

"Yeah well to bad" I snapped. My fists tightened around the edges of my long shirt this twenty minute drive was feeling more like days now.

"Seriously though where did you grow up?"

"What are we now best friends? I'm not telling you anything" I scream.

"Wow calm down I was just making small talk" He put both hands in the air letting the steering wheel roam free "Are you crazy?? Hands on the wheel"

"For your information I am crazy and I love it" He winked again talking his concentration off the dark night streets.

We pulled into an all night diner and he turned off the engine "Believe it or not I don't live here" I obviously stated

"I know but I'm hungry so I took a detour"

"And it never crossed your mind to pass it by me"

"Nope" He mindlessly stated "Last time I checked I was doing you a favor so go with the flow woman"

I huff "Fine just never call me woman again. His eyebrows and a sly smile arose on his angelic face. Ewe I can't believe I just thought that there is nothing angle like about this guy. He is pretty hot though. My inner consciousness spoke.

"WOMAN" He taunts and I punch him on the shoulder "Ouch"

"Oh god you're such a woose" I laugh

"Am not" He frowned

"Are to" You get the picture this went on for around twenty minutes. We ordered a plate of fries each and a large chocolate milkshake.

"Can I ask you something?" He says as I finish the remainder of my fries

"Do I need to bare myself for this?" I asked in all seriousness

"No, I'm being genuinely serious"

"Fine"

"Why wouldn't you tell me about your home, where you lived before here" My face dropped and so did his as he saw my emotions surfacing

"I don't know you and you don't know me"

"But I want to get to know you"

"No you don't" My eyes filled with shallow tears "Guys like you don't even acknowledge girls like me" His face fell even further

"That's not true"

"Yes it is" He reached across the table and took my hand in his "I'm scared they'll hurt me, I'm scared you'll hurt me" My voice instantly breaks "Adalyn is the only person who knows me fully and I don't plan on changing that any time soon"

"I won't hurt you. I promise" He pauses "What do you mean Adalyn only knows?" He questions

"It's means exactly what you think it does"

"What about your parents" If only he knew. My beloved parents.

"Take me home" Low words rush from my mouth

"But I haven't finished my milkshake"

"Take me home NOW!" I almost scream. He scurries to lift his jacket and throw the bills onto the table clearly shocked by sudden out burst. Tears threatened to escape my eyes, my feet carrying me as fast as they can from the run down diner "Ana wait. What the hell was that?" Harry called from behind and I wiped away my tears "Nothing. I just really want to go home"

"That wasn't nothing" He caught up with me and captured my wrist spinning me round "Stop" I scream

"What is with you" He demands "All I did was try to be nice to you. I tried to be a friends seeing as you clearly don't have many. I was just trying to get to know you"

"Well don't. I don't mind being alone. Let's just say I'm used to it" I snap back with more tears escaping my eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I cracked as his thumb gently wiped away my loose tears.

"I'm just trying here you have to try to"

"Trying to do what Harry? Be nice to a girl let me know I've earned your respect. I know of you Harry, I know how you treat girls and how you no care for anyone in the world. So no I'm not going to try and neither are you"

"No" He boomed "That's not for you to decide. I am going to be a human being and I am not going to ask you again why are you crying?" He ordered

"Please drop it" I beg while new tears cascaded my face. I see sympathy in his glass eyes. Warm hands grab hold of me with force and I smash into his solid chest. His tight toned arms are embraced round my back; I could feel his heart beat vibrating through me. His hands run down my back and tangle into my knotted hair "Hushhhh" reassurances fell from his dry lips. I sobbed into his toned chest for around five minutes before I could form a coherent sentence "I'm I'm s..s..sorry" He pulled me in tighter "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. Can you just take me home?" he detangles his arms from around me and places his hoodie over my bare arms. I felt weirdly empty without his touch, like I was half full. He put me into the car buckling my seat belt and closing my door for me. I felt like I was being taken away to a physic ward or something. The silence was defining as we drove along the quiet roads passing the odd car every five miles until we pulled up outside my flat. He turned off the power but still stayed silent "Are you not gonna talk to me or something?"

"I don't understand. I don't understand you Ana!" He exclaimed and ran his hand through his soft brown waves.

"You and me both"

"What was that back there?"

I paused letting the significance of what was coming sink in "That was me letting go of a lot of grief" 

"For fuck sake Ana I don't know what you're talking about!" He snapped and then said "Back at the diner you said you knew of me, well I know of you to. I know you're shy and that your favorite place is a library and I know that you're what everyone thinks your not. We know each other more than we care to admit"

"The first time you have ever spoken to me was tonight. I am not going to let you see every dark corner of me Harry. How do I know I can trust you"

"You don't, that's the thrill of it" He purred. I had never crossed paths with anyone even close to a personality of his. He was reckless and he could be cruel but he was also smart about being reckless which is what scared me the most. He had a light. A bright dazzling light that shone every colour in which he portrayed could i really be do selfish to risk putting it out?