viii

AUTHOR POV.
APRIL 6 2022.

It had been approximately a month since Mason and Charlotte had gone on their first official date. They had seen each other at least once a week since their first date, often seeing each other every three or four days. They had gone on lunch dates, dinner dates, trips to museums, walks on the beach, and more. The elephant in the room was their first kiss. When she had told her friends Lily and Kiera that they hadn't had their first kiss yet after almost ten dates, the two of them had been shocked, and had proceeded to call Charlotte celibate. 

Charlotte couldn't quite pinpoint the reason why. Neither of them had really made the first move. She was worried that maybe Mason didn't like her in that way, and that they were becoming friends, rather than developing into something more. She knew that that wasn't what she wanted, but she couldn't tell if she and Mason were on the same page. She expected him to make the first move, but he hadn't so far. 

But he still continued to invite her to his games. Today was the day of Chelsea's Champion's League match against Real Madrid. Charlotte knew that Mason had high hopes for the Champion's League this season— after all, Chelsea had won the tournament last year. She wore a blue tube top paired with white jeans, with a Chelsea towel hanging around her shoulders. Mason texted her in advance that he wouldn't be able to see her before the match as their manager wanted the team together before the match, since it was an important one. 

Charlotte met up with Sophia, Katrine, and Paula outside the stadium and the three of them made their way to the stands. The three of them had started hanging out more often, when they weren't busy with work. Since she had first met them a few weeks ago, the trio had gone out for drinks once, and had promised to do so again in the near future. 

The three of them made small talk as they waited for the game to start. Sophia asked, 

"So, how far have you and Mason gone?" She raised her eyebrows and gave Charlotte a look, making her blush and play with her fingers. 

"Oh my god, Sophia." Katrine said, slapping her back. "You really have no filter." 

"What? Honesty is the best policy." Sophia replied, shrugging. "So? C'mon. The two of you go on dates practically every single day. I expect details." 

"Well..." Charlotte was stalling. "Nothing's happened, actually." 

"You're lying." Paula replied, her jaw gaping open. "How is that even possible?" 

"So you're telling me nothing happened? No sex?" Sophia asked, leaning in closer to Charlotte and whispering so that no one else could hear.

"No sex. No kiss either, actually." Charlotte replied, smiling somewhat ambiguously. 

"You're joking." Sophia said. 

"Why not? Do you guys not have chemistry or something?" Katrine asked. 

"I don't think so. But neither of us have really made the first move yet, you know. I dunno." Charlotte replied, shrugging. 

"But you guys make the perfect couple. And it seems like you guys get along really well, too." Paula pondered. "I've known Mason for about two years now, since Timo transferred to Chelsea. He's never talked about a girl as much as he does about you, even when he had an actual girlfriend." 

"Mmh. And I think the fact that he invited you to this game today means a lot, you know?" Sophia added on. "Look. Everyone here is family. So the fact that he invited you shows that he really does like you." 

"I guess I'm just a bit worried that he only sees me as a friend." Charlotte admitted shyly. "I realized I definitely like him as more than friends, so."