Chapter 45

The mountains and the sea in one horizon. Maliban doon ay wala na akong ibang makita habang nakaupo sa upuan ng balkonahe ng mansion. Pakiramdam ko ay nasa tropical akong bansa or in an isolated huge island with this mansion at the center.

Napatingin ako sa ibaba at paligid ng mansion, it's decorated with nice flower beds. A tree of bougainvillea could be seen everywhere that brought such bright vibes to this manor.

"Sister..." napalingon ako nang kunin ni Rosalin ang atensiyon ko. She's a demure lady, if not influenced by our parents she must be a nice sister to have.

Napabuntong hininga nalang ako. I have no choice but to entertain her though I don't have the energy to. Countess Vanesse and Count Pierre Rosenberg are out of this country, the duke lied to me but I'm hoping that I wouldn't see their annoying faces while staying here.

The Grand Duke brought me here for an unknown reason. I couldn't tell if it was an abduction or not cause I came on my own accord, afraid that Yastad would hurt me and take me by force.

"Where are we now Rosalin?"

Is this still a part of the Empire? If it is, maybe it's too far from the Empire Capital.

Hindi siya agad kumibo. Tumingon nalang ulit ako sa paligid, inabala ang sarili na panoorin ang mga ibong nagsisiyawan sa kalangitan habang nakapangalumbaba.

Maulap at hapon na din, kaya kahit walang silong ay hindi kami masusunog ng araw.

"If Ystad forbids you from talking, then don't say a word."

"I'm sorry for doing this, your majesty." She said that made me look up at her.

"It's alright. You're not at fault. Cause you can't do anything on your own. You depended so much on those two who you called your parents. Of course, you can't do anything but obey."

Sinuri ko ang kabuuhan ni Rosalin. I was wrong about her. That's not her facade at all. She was born to be an obedient daughter. She's powerful yet powerless against those people. How I pity her. Sadyang iba lang talaga ang naging pagtingin ni Pfieffer sa kapatid niya, it's their parent's fault, they are responsible for everything.

"Aren't you supposed to ask for my help to bring you back to the palace? Yet you're being mean to me sister." Rosalin said like she was about to cry. What a soft woman, she and Pfeiffer are the complete opposite.

"If it hurt, then it's the truth. In addition to that, If Fisk wants to take me back, he will." I confidently said.

"Then what could the Emperor do? Sister, the Grand Duke of Fletcherson is powerful enough to take a whole empire down. You cannot disobey him. I'm telling you this because after all, you are my sister. Please listen to me this time."

Take a whole empire down? That's impossible unless he has the power of gods that could defeat Fisk in an instant.

Napailing ako. Fisk has the power of a demon. I'm confident that he won't lose to anyone because he is powerful enough to conquer the whole world.

Nasakop na nga niya ako, mundo pa kaya.

No! Man, that's cringe. What a gayish thing to say.

Hindi. Wala akong panahon para kiligin.
I am now being taken as a hostage, as bait. I am being used to suppress His Majesty's ability to fight, because right now, Ystad has my life in his palm.

Darn it. I trusted him so much that I treated him as a friend. How dare he tricked me!

"Then is that the reason why you cannot defy his word?" She nodded. Saglit na natahimik ako.