Chapter 37

Odhran's POV

Greetings mother Empress, it's me the crown prince Odhran Laquerrier. I am writing because something creeping me out these days-..."

No, I shouldn't let mother Empress mind my business, baka akalain niyang mahina akong prinsepe. Kinumos ko ang papel at itinapon iyon sa maliit kong basurahan.

Tok!Tok!

"Your Highness! Sorry to disturb you but the prince's mother is here to visit you."
Said a lady servant behind my door.

"Tsk. What an annoying woman." I said to myself.

Netong nakalipas na araw, magmula nang bumisita sila ng Emperor at ipinakilala siya sa akin bilang aking biological mother ay hindi na siya pumalyang bisitahin ako araw araw.

I was happy at first, but mother Empress told me that this woman, Lady Trinity Whitestone is not related to me.

So does it mean that the His majesty lied to me? No...if I remembered correctly what father said when he introduce that woman to me was

"Odhran, this is Lady Trinity Whitestone, the first empress that became my wife. Treat her with respect."

"I am your mother as well! I'm happy to see you again my child, after how many years Im greatful that you grew as healthy as I wished you to be." She slightly shed tears. But I was not touched by it.

Marami ng Empress na dumaan para magtangkang maging ina ko, but each of them does not care about me, all they want is power and to be loved by my father.

She reminds me of Lady Roshein Lauenstein. I wonder where that woman went after mother Empress took over the throne. I'm thankful that an Empress like her arrived in this palace. She's the most sincere of them all.

Unlike this self-proclaimed mother I have here with me.

I smiled to greet her.

"How are you, mother." Calling her mother brought pain to my stomach that I want to vomit.

"My son, how I miss you dearly." She comes to hug me. Mabilis na lumayo ako sa kanya na mukang kinagulat niya.

Knowing that she's fake, and having to make skin contact with her makes me nauseous.

"I understand son, those previous empresses must gave you trauma. I'm sorry for leaving you alone by yourself..."

She has a face of an angel, whatever she said, people will believe it is true because she looks kind.

But I know what she wants. She wants my grace.

Adults' businesses are really hard to understand, to an extent that this woman is willing to use a child like me.

"I have brought your favorite snack with me, my little prince." Nilabas niya ang basket. Napangiti ako, she thinks that she can lure me with that?

"I appreciate it, mother. However, I need to go now, to my training ground. See you again next time."

"Wait-! I will go with you-"

"It is alright, that place is dangerous, I'm afraid my mother might be hurt." Ani ko at tinalukuran na siya.

My face went blank as I walk out of my palace accompanied by two imperial guards.

I sighed. Mother Empress told me to fool that woman and act like I did believe that she was my mom. It's hard to play nice. Tsk. She's treating me like a 4-year-old child when I'm a grown-up 7 years old boy soon turning 8.

What an imbecile.

My face lit up when I saw a familiar figure waiting for me outside the palace.

"Ruth!" Masayang tumakbo ako papunta sa kanya. She just gave me a small wave while smiling.

"How were you, your highness?"

"I'm fine now that I get to see Ruth." I chuckled. I reach to hold her hand while walking side to side. It's warm.

Before Empress Pfieffer arrived at the palace, Ruth was my servant. She was with me since I couldn't remember when. She treated me like Im his son and she's also like a mother to me more than anyone else.

She decided to investigate the incoming Empress for my sake, at first I didn't want her to leave my side but she said she was doing it for me. Which I didn't understand at that time, but she did explain that she will not let the new empress harm me. Luckily mother Empress Pfieffer turned out to be good and Ruth cannot leave her alone without trusted people around her or she might be in danger.

That's how great Ruth was!

"I told you not to overuse your hand like that right? Look at the texture of it, you're a young prince, not a knight. My goodness, I will bring your highness a hand cream right away after your swordsmanship training today."

Nakangiting tumango lamang ako sa kanya.

"I don't need to find who my real mother was if Ruth was with me, also Mother Empress too!"

"Your highness..." Ruth seemed touched.

"I hope someone kicks that woman's ass out of this palace. So that Mother Empress and father will live happily ever after." I said.

"So your highness already knew?" She gasped with her eyes widened.

"Heheh! I have my way."

"You really are something." She thumbs up. I also do it like how the empress did it, with a thumbs up and a wicked smile.

"Worry not your highness, the adults will deal with everything on their own, for now, focus on things that you want to achieve and wanted to have. One day when you become an adult and turn 18, His majesty the emperor will bestow the throne on you."

"Why? Is father gonna die when I'm 18?" Nanlaki ang mga mata ko, though he and I were not close, I don't want her to die yet and leave mother empress alone.

"No, My mistake. Rather he will bestow the seat when the Prince is ready to have it and rule the whole Geissen Empire as their new Emperor."

"I don't think I will be ready for that," I commented.

"We'll see when the right time comes. I hope that one day, your highness won't resent me." Ruth said while having that expression on her face. She seem a bit worried.

"Why? Are you going to do something that would hurt me?" Napatigil ako sa paghakbang at tumingala sa kanya.

"Maybe yes, maybe no. It depends on what your highness might feel." She replied. I cannot read her emotions, Ruth was good at handling them.

"Even when you hurt me, please do not disappear on me or I will be truly sad."

"As you wish, your highness." She smiled, more brightly than the sun.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise..."