Guards and Orders

Start from the beginning

"Who's at the door?" A groggy voice came from behind Varian. The guard and the alchemist turned to look at the witch who was using her fist to rub her eyes. She walked over to Varian and placed her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him.

"Why is there a guard at my doorstep?" (Y/n) asked softly as she stared at the guard. "He says he has orders from Nigel to search the entire meadow." Varian explained as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "He can't search the meadow. That would go against the agreement." She said before letting out a yawn.

"Agreement? I just need to find this dragon." The guard said and (Y/n) shook her head no. "The king and I made an agreement that the only time the meadow can be searched by the guards is if Rapunzel orders it herself. Nigel isn't Rapunzel." (Y/n) said and the guard sighed before leaving.

The couple stood in the doorway of the cabin as they watched the guard leave. There were a few moments of silence before (Y/n) sighed. "Let's go find a dragon." She said before moving to grab a cloak with a pout on her lips.

The two started walking through the woods together looking all around for Pascal and the big purple dragon. "Pascal! Little big guy!" (Y/n) yelled out. "It's going to take us ages to find them. They could be anywhere!" Varian said and (Y/n) nodded.

"We still need to find them before the guards do. Who knows what orders Nigel gave them." (Y/n) said as Varian shouted for the two again.

The two suddenly heard a loud roar. Both of them looked at each other before sprinting towards the sound. "That was either extremely loud or extremely close!" (Y/n) said with Varian running by her side. "It's extremely close!" Varian said.

"On your toes!" The two heard a familiar voice say making them come to a sudden halt. "Prepare the nets!" Nigel said to the group of guards with him. The two quickly hid behind different trees to watch Nigel.

"Is Xavier's dragon sleep potion ready?" Nigel asked before being handed a small barrel. "All set, sir!" One of the guard said. Varian and (Y/n) watched as they saw Little Big Guy who wasn't so little anymore stand behind Nigel.

All of the guards gasped causing Nigel to look behind him and do the same. Varian and (Y/n) both held in their laughter at the sight as Little Big Guy became even more scared than the guards. The two watched as the guards and Little Big Guy went back and forth screaming trying to contain their laughter.

Suddenly, Nigel threw the small barrel at Little Big Guy making Pascal fall off his head. Everyone watched as Little Big Guy fell to the floor asleep. (Y/n) was about to step in when Varian placed a hand on her shoulder silently telling her to wait a moment.

"Secure him! Now!" Nigel said and the guards put the dragon in a net and hoisted him up with a catapult. "Good job men!" Nigel complimented the guards. (Y/n) looked at Varian and he nodded. Both of them came out from behind the trees and stared at the guards and Nigel.

"Let the dragon go!" Varian said as he glared at Nigel and the guards. The couple watched as Nigel rolled his eyes. "This doesn't involve you two. Go back home before you get hurt." Nigel said and both teens smirked at him.

(Y/n) raised her hands only to show fire surrounding them. Varian pulled out a small vial and poured its content onto her hands. The flames grew bigger and turned a bright green.

Nigel glared at the teens before turning back to the dragon. "I'm here to make sure this beast never hurts-" Nigel was cut off as green flames shot right towards the knot holding Little Big Guy in the net.

"What in blazes?!" Nigel said and Little Big Guy was free and awake. The two teens stared in utter shock and confusion. "Uh...great aim. How did you do that?" Varian asked his girlfriend not taking his eyes off the scene in front of him. "I...that wasn't me." (Y/n) said confused as she looked between her hands and Little Big Guy.