𝟬𝟬𝟭. Blind Morals..

PART ONE: FLECKS OF LIGHT

CHAPTER ONE: BLIND MORALS..
SET IN EPISODE ONE, SEASON ONE.

  KADE HUFFED, BRUSHING THE BROWN FLY AWAYS OF HER HAIR OUT OF HER FACE

KADE HUFFED, BRUSHING THE BROWN FLY AWAYS OF HER HAIR OUT OF HER FACE. This particular job was taking a lot longer than expected, and Kade was being to grow impatient.

  The job was simple: Get the security card from the FEDRA officer by the old town hall. But as it went on, it seemed to complicate itself.

  FEDRA officers normally don't wander, instead sticking to the area they were assigned to and not leaving until their shift was over, but this one had other ideas. He was so damn elusive that Kade thought he knew he was being hunted.

Squinting, Kade watched as he continued walking towards the center of the town, causing her to huff and continue following him from the shadows of the rooftops of Boston. The guys she'd been hired by for this job apparently had to have a key from this one guy, even when she could have easily pickpocketed one of the less jumpy officers, but whatever. Kade wanted her money, and she would do whatever it took to get it.

The officer was now patrolling the streets, heading so oddly quick toward the north side of the city that Kade's suspicions were beginning to grow. What the hell is this asshole's problem? She questioned as she creep off a creaky ledge, blowing her messy hair from her face.

A particularly large gap between rooftops suddenly made Kade lose her sight of her officer, causing her to cuss and slow down for a moment to find him. With a sigh of relief, Kade spotted him ahead a couple blocks, talking in a narrow alley with a scruffy-looking man. She raised a brow at the sight, her interest peaked.

  Kade slowed upon getting closer, attempting to keep her advantage of cover before she made her move. She observed the man and the officer's exchange, brows raised and head leaned forward as much as she could. Their conversation was quiet, but she picked up bits and pieces.

  "Oxy?" the officer questioned, looking down at the man's hand in surprise.

  "Hydro," the man corrected pointedly.