二十一 - TWENTY ONE

NOTES ⟡ 
I'm going to add a arc between
the mugen train arc & entertainment district arc!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" "  RENGOKU ESTATE  " "

YOU frown, sitting atop the roof of your estate.

It had been only three days after the mission you went on with Rengoku.

Tanjiro and his friends were still healing at the butterfly estate, while you, since you weren't too injured, stayed at your estate.

You hadn't heard from your uppermoon friends in a while before—

"Y/n," The familiar voice of a pink-haired demon says behind you as you glance over your shoulder.

"Hm? What are you doing here?" You question the demon, looking at him curiously.

"Ah... I was just.." He seemed to trail off as you deadpan.

"If you don't want to tell me why, you don't have to. Two other demons tend to visit me often without a valid reason anyway." The last part was said in a bitter yet fond tone.

"Oh..."

"..."

An awkward silence fell over you two before one of you finally spoke up.

"You uh— you're not mad at me for killing your friend or anything, right?"

"Huh? Friend?" You tilt your head, confused on why he would think you're friends with Rengoku.

"Well you seemed pretty upset about his death, so..." Akaza trails off once again as you freeze at the words.

"I.. I was upset?" You frown, holding your hand up to your face.

"You seemed upset.."

"... Perhaps I was then." You shrug in indifference, you weren't sad now so what does it matter if you were sad then.

".. So you're not mad at me, right?" Akaza confirms as you look at him.

"Huh? Of course not." You shake your head.

"That's... That's good." He says as you nod, looking up at the luminescent moon.

Akaza's tone then shifts to one of curiosity, "Do you think Kyojuro would've become a demon eventually?"

"Hm, well, why I can't say I know the guy all that well. I doubt he would've based off of what I do know." You answer honestly.

"Huh." He acknowledges as you deadpan.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
╰┈ Tashio Whisper
"Y/n's brain likes to block out memories of whenever she feels strong negative emotions, which is why she doesn't remember being upset when Rengoku died."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You arrive at the Rengoku estate, eyes widening at the scene infront of you.

Shinjuro Rengoku, the former flame hashira, was holding Tanjiro to the ground with one hand on his neck.