十二 - TWELVE

NOTES ⟡ 
-

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" "  LOWERMOONS II  " "

IT'S all hopeless. Whether we agree or disagree with him, he's going to kill us. We can't beat him in a fight either... not mention that hashira lady... Lower three thought, looking up at you and Muzan.

In that case... Lower three dashes away, running through the infinity fortress, I'll run!

"What a fool..." You murmur, looking at where the demon ran off to.

Even if he did escape (which he won't), he had no chance of out-running Muzan. Plus, even then, Muzan can just kill him from afar using his cells.

The man's head suddenly appears in Muzan's hand, the hand that wasn't currently resting on your head.

"Hmn. I'm surprised for even a second you'd thought that you'd be able to get away from Muzan." You say towards the head covered in blood, it's eyes slowly twitching towards you.

"The twelve kizuki are better off consisting of just the upper ranks. I will be dismantling the others." Muzan explains, throwing the head onto the platform of which the two lowermoons were on.

"Do either of you have any last words to share?" Muzan asks, an almost bored planted expression on his face.

Lower two inhales sharply, looking up at Muzan, "I can still be of use to you!"

Oh?

"If you could just give me a little bit of time, I swear you won't regret it!"

Oh. Lame.

"Exactly how long are you asking for, how do you intend to be useful to me, and what precisely can you accomplish with your meager skills?" Muzan asks, tiring his head to the side.

"Your blood!"

Oh he's so dead. He is not in the position to be asking for Muzan's blood of all things right now.

"If you could give me a portion of your blood, I will surely rise to meet your expectations! I will fight for you stronger than before!" The lowermoon offers.

Veins appeared on Muzan's face as he stares at him, "Do you actually believe you're in any position to order me to give you my blood? Shameless is an understatement. You will remember your place."

"You misunderstand me!" Lower two gasps, "I only said—"

"Silence." Muzan demands, "I misunderstood nothing. I am never mistaken. I am the one who calls the shots. My word is absolute. What I say is correct by default. Is it not for you to refute. And yet you try to give me instructions? You deserve to die for that."

His gaze turns back towards you, lifting his hand off your head as you nod, unsheathing your sword.

"You can't—!"

"Celestial Breathing, eighth form, Eternity's end."

His head fell onto the floor, disintegrating into nothing as he yells out.

You turn towards lower one who had been watching everything with a dazed expression.

You now notice the pink tinting his face as he stares up at Muzan.

Oh... weirdo..

You hop back up towards Nakime and Muzan, sitting back down where you were as a hand rests on your head once again.

He glances down at you— almost softly— before his gaze turns sharp as he looks back towards lower one.

"Do you have any last words?" Muzan asks, lower one starting up at him in a daze.

"Well, let me see.." Lower one sighs blissfully, "This is all like a wonderful dream for me. For me to be able to perish by your very own order. And I so enjoyed hearing the other demons dying breaths. How truly fortunate am I... I do so love to see others in the throes of despair and agony.."

He tilts his head to the side, a smile gracing his features, "It's like a dream come true for me. You both have my profound gratitude for saving me for the end..."

Muzan glares at him a moment longer before his expression relaxes, a smirk spreading across his face.

Suddenly, a mass of flesh stabs him with something, making him start to twitch and gag.

He falls onto the floor, body convulsing.

"That's more like it.." Muzan says to him, "I'll give you a generous amount of my blood, although you may not be able to handle its magnitude and die."

Lower one gasps, falling onto the floor, panting.

"If you do manage to acclimate, you are certain to become stronger. Then you are to make yourself useful..." Muzan trails off for a moment."By killing a hashira of the demon slayers."

You frown at him but say nothing.

Muzan holds his finger up and points at his ear, "If you are able to kill the demon slayer wearing hanaduda earrings, I will give you even more of my blood."

"Though I will warn you, if I see even one scratch on her body, I will end you before you can even say a word." Muzan warns, lifting his hand off your head again.

Lower one pants, a smile on his features as he looks up at the two of you, letting out a satisfied sigh.

Nakime strings her biwa once again, a shoji door appearing under lower one, dropping him through it the moment it opens.

Muzan disappears as you look over at Nakime.

"... Can I braid your hair again?"

"... Sure."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TASHIO SECRETS

— Y/n was honestly baffled by the audacity lower two had.

— Y/n knows that if push comes to shove and she has to choose between Muzan and the uppermoons or the demon slayer corps, she'd choose [REDACTED].

— Y/n was glad she doesn't have to worry about lower one randomly attacking her since she's a hashira due to Muzan's threat.