SPECIAL CHAPTER 2: MacauNop

A few months since Pete disappeared, the Minor Family – Vegas, Macau, Venice, and Nop – returned to the Minor Family's mansion.

Many things changed the moment his masters decided to start anew. That new life they seek seemed impossible at first but now, they are gradually in the process to that much brighter and better life.

The new Head of the Minor Family, Vegas, have finally put an end to his father's legacy. He resigned from handling any underground and illegal business of the Theerapanyakul. The Main Family knew their power and name as a mafia family would be weakened and tainted by the loss of Vegas. But they respected his decision, regardless of the damage it will create.

At present, Vegas manages a restaurant business that didn't take long to be successful. Meanwhile, Macau continued his studies in here rather than in the states and still pursuing business. He wanted to study this for his Phi Pete. However, this time, it's his own choice and not because he was forced to.

Whereas Nop remains their head bodyguard. Nothing really changed much with Nop, probably except for the fact that he's even more loyal to the Minor Family.

In the past, Vegas actually let Nop free. Because now that his father is gone, he doesn't owe anything to anyone. Yet, Nop stayed to serve the three of them – not to repay his debts and not for money but because he has given his loyalty to the Minor Family.

And ultimately, Nop stayed for Macau.

But would he admit it?

No, never in years.

At this very moment, the Minor Family recruited new people as they lacked manpower. Since most of them resigned after Kan died. A lot of them stayed out of fear, debt, and money. So, when the former head of the family passed, they inevitably left as well.

They're starting afresh so, this is a good thing for them.

Although they've already left their past behind and the dangers that exist have significantly decreased, it doesn't mean that they should lower their guard. They shouldn't be complacent.

Hence, why Nop is currently standing before the bodyguards he handpicked after a series of qualifying tests. Nop is confident in the men that he chose himself since all the tests were skill-specific and are by no means, easy.

"Max Davis" Nop called. He nodded impressively at his record. Max is an American but he lives in Thailand and speaks fluent Thai. He also is the top on every test he conducted.

Nop thought he's capable of being Macau's bodyguard whenever he's busy.

He panned his eyes from the record to the man named Max. "You and I will talk later."

"Understood, sir." Max nodded excitedly.

After a few hours, finally, Nop is done with the recruitment. They now have enough people to maintain the Minor Family mansion and skilled men to protect his masters.

"Sir." It was Max. He was behind Nop who's just done stretching.

He fixed his glasses. "Oh yes, Max Davis. I almost forgot. Follow me." Nop instructed and the other followed.

While walking, Nop and Max talked.

"You are the most skilled amongst the men I've just employed and for this reason, you are to become the head of the bodyguards. You are also to take my stead given the circumstance that I am unable to do my part. Otherwise, you're job is to lead your men and strengthen the security of the mansion. If you betray or so much as to lead my masters to harm..." Nop paused his words and halted in his tracks then he glared at Max dead in the eye.