I nod and smile politely at them. Mason kisses my temple before I grab my water bottle and walk over to Holly and Edie. They say hi to me, and then we all walk into the studio, where James and Jess are already sitting on the other side. They glare at me when I walk in. I glare right back.

     Beyatches.

We're on our third and final break when Jess and James walk over to Ollie, Edie and I. Holly went the toilet, but I think she'll be back soon. Kiera sits in the corner of the studio, scrolling through her phone. Mason is still in the lounge, but when I tried to sit with him he told me to go back in with my friends.

     "Who's that guy out there?" Jess asks, even though I'm positive she already knows he's my brother. "Why's he just sitting there? And what's wrong with his face?"

     "What's wrong with yours?" I ask.

     Ollie snaps his head to me. Edie's eyebrows raise in surprise. Even James and Jess look shocked.

     "Wow, the little freaky mute spoke." Jess says after a few moments.

     "Never thought I'd see the day." James commentates.

     "Shut up." Ollie says.

     "Or what?" Jess asks.

     "Why are you so rude?" I ask. "I've done nothing to you. Is it because I'm a better dancer? Because that sounds like it's your problem, not mine. You should go sort that out." I say, standing up. Jess glares at me.

     "You wish you were better than me."

     "Sorry to say it, but I am, and that's clearly what's gotten you so bitter. I can teach you stuff if you want."

     She slaps me.

     I'm about to hit her back when Kiera quickly interjects. My eyes widen as I look at her. She tries to lunge for me, but Kiera blocks her. "What the hell is going on?"

     "She just slapped Amalia!" Edie exclaims.

     Kiera arches an eyebrow toward her. "Outside. Now."

     Jess swallows the lump in her throat before she follows Kiera outside the room. James tags along behind them, like always.

     When they leave, I inhale a breath.

     "Amalia. Are you okay?" Ollie asks.

     I nod.

"Hang on, someone slapped my baby sister and you didn't think to tell me until now?" Mason exclaims.

     "I—" Kiera cuts herself off. "There was a lot to handle. We needed to explain it to Jess and James parents—"

     "I was right outside the room!" He shouts. I frown. "A little, 'oh, by the way, your sisters being harassed by people in her little dance team and one of the little brats just slapped her' would have been easy!"

     I look at him, try to convey with my expression for him to stop shouting, but his narrowed gaze remains on Kiera.

     I inhale. He looks down at me, and his eyes soften a fraction. "Come, Amalia, let's go." He says. He sighs pointedly and grabs my hand, walking me out of the studio. I send an apologetic glance to Kiera, who has a regretful look on her face.

     When we get to the car, Mason directs me to the backseat. He opens the door for me and waits for me to fasten my seatbelt before getting into the drivers seat and pulling out of the car park.

     "I get you wanna do your dances, Amalia, but next time something like that happens, you tell someone. Not your dance teacher, one of us. Okay? Took her a fucking hour to decide it was something I'd need to know."

     I nod, the frown now etched into my face. He continues to rant about it on the whole drive home.