xxiv. adventure begins

Start from the beginning

Then he stood and took his bag. The Invisibility cloak's inside and anything else he thought they might need.

"Do you have the polyjuice potion?" James asked Sirius.

Sirius showed his bag and shook it. "Safe and sound."

"Good. Let's go."

They exited the common room, with James giving Lily one last glance.

It was still quite dark. Sun hadn't risen and wouldn't until a few more minutes. They were still careful as there was still a possibility of getting caught. They couldn't let that happen, could they?

The early morning breeze was cold. They thanked themselves for bringing protection against the ice-like wind.

As they walked to the Whomping Willow, they noticed a familiar figure standing. It was Regulus, Sirius confirmed when they got near enough to make out his face.

"Morning," Sirius greeted.

Regulus looked back at both of them. "Mm, morning."

Sirius raised his brows in surprise. Huh, his brother just greeted him back.

"Let's go in." James slid in first. Then Sirius made Regulus before he went in himself.

They walked straight to the room to find Peter and Remus helping Callie pack up. And Callie seeing Regulus made both their hearts thump harder and louder and faster. And yet, they were both such great actors they hid it like how pirates would hide their treasures.

"Is everything in here?" Remus asked, closing Callie's small pouch. Quite small yet everything Callie owned in that room was inside. Her wand, her robe, her map, the time turner she stole in Filch's office, clothes the Marauders and Regulus gave her, Regulus' books, and his letters.

Yes, she never threw them away nor did she give them back to him.

Her phone's in her trousers (James' actually, she had to wear a belt because of how wide it was on her). The battery percentage already dropped to 41%. She hadn't been using it and would only listen to music at times or check every inch of it again for anything that could help their mission.

"Yeah. Pete, you sure my quill's in there?" Callie turned to him.

"Hundred percent sure!" He gave a thumbs up.

Her hands rested on her hips and looked at them. "Great. Everything settle for you lads?"

"Absolutely," Sirius replied.

"Everyone sure they don't want to go back to the castle and forget about all of this?"

"Yes," "Absolutely," "Yeah," "Very sure," "Mhm," the boys answered at once.

"All right." Callie heaved a sigh. And then let it go. "Let's go."

They exited the shack, with Sirius taking the lead. Everyone was already out of the willow but Callie and Remus. She looked back at the cave-like entrance of the shack once more before sighing.

"I'm going to miss this place." Yes, Callie had taken the last few more photos of herself in the shack. That led to her phone's battery percentage dropping.