Mourning

"What you have described to me seems to be a telepathic link," Chiron told Stiles from his wheelchair on the porch to the big house,"You shouldn't have experimented with powers you don't understand."

"Well, how can I find out what they are if I don't use them?" Stiles said,"How do I get rid of it?"

"You can't just get rid of it, Stiles. What you have created with Miss Hale is a direct link to each other by not pulling out of her mind in time. To take that away now would require a precision and practice of a surgeon trying to do a triple bypass. You have neither the precision or the practice."

"So what am I supposed to do about it?" Stiles asked.

"For now, it might be best to not tell her. She has kept herself closed off for many years. I don't know how she would react if she found out that you have access to her most vulnerable parts of her."

Stiles didn't like it, he felt like keeping this secret would only make things a whole lot worse. He was actually in a good place with Cora now, he didn't want to jeopardize that now.

So as he usually did, he didn't obey the reasonably wise adult.

As soon as he was dismissed he went straight up to the Ares cabin.

Bash grabbed him by the arm before he could enter,"I still owe you for the games--" Stiles punched him in the face, knocking him out.

Shaking his head, Stiles stepped inside the Ares cabin. The walls were painted a blood red, several weapons hung from the walls, an official arm wrestling table in the center.

He found Cora sitting on her bunk, not paying attention, reading a book written in ancient Greek.

Gathering his courage, he knocked on her bed frame, making her look up.

She smiled at him,"Hey, what are you doing here?"

He cleared his throat, nervous,"We need to talk?"

"Usually that's the girl's line when they want to break up. And we're not actually dating so..."

Stiles just nodded outside and she followed him and they walked around the cabins as he explained their current predicament.

"That's a lot to drop on me at once," Cora said, not looking at him,"Chiron didn't want you to tell me?"

"He thought it would make you feel insecure or something like that. But you actually seem kind of fine with it," He asked looking at Cora suspiciously.

"It's kind of my fault," She reminded him,"I pushed you to do it."

"I think that's the first time any woman has admitted to me that it was their fault," Stiles said.

"Don't get used to it," Cora snapped.

Stiles started to smile and her stern expression broke and she laughed.

"Can I ask you something?" Cora asked.

"Sure."

"I heard from some of the Apollo kids that you play piano really good, but when it came to singing you just flat out said no."

Stiles's eyes darkened ever so slightly,"So is there a question in there?"

"Is it true?"

Stiles nodded.

"Why?"

"That's technically two questions," Stiles stated.

Cora crossed her arms, waiting for an answer.

"My Mom," Stiles said,"We used to go on these long drives just to sing. My Dad didn't like it but I did, and after she died...I couldn't bring myself to sing again."