Monsters

Stiles was now seventeen, his Mother had been dead for a little over six years. Noah was good enough, there was no other way to put it. He went to most of his lacrosse games, made dinner and spoke to him about his emotions. And he hated every part of it.

One day they were on a field trip to a museum, thunder rumbling in the sky but there was no rain.

Stiles walked inside, following Mr. Yukimura, Scott beside him.

They started in the greek wing where there were many statues.

"There are twelve Olympian gods," Mr. Yukimura told them,"Although there are some who think there should be fourteen including Hades and Hestia because they're a part of the six children of Kronos. There are seven Primordials as well, the embodiments of the universe. Gaea, the Earth; Nyx and Erebus share the domain of darkness; Tarturus, the greek version of the ultimate hell; Pontus, the seas; Eros, love as well as all other powerful emotions; and finally Ouranos, the first king of the Universe and primordial of the sky.

"The big three of the gods are Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. Each one looking after an essential aspect of the Earth. Zeus controlled the sky, Hades the Underworld, and Poseidon the ocean. The rest of the Olympians shared the Earth, and the rest of its aspects. There are countless other minor gods as well. And occasionally, an Olympian would come down to Earth and...how should I put this?"

"Hook up?" Stiles suggested, making a few people laugh.

"They would hook up with Mortals. Resulting in what we call a Demigod, half human half god. Hercules, Perseus, Achilles, Thesus, all of them are Demigods."

"Why weren't there any girl Demigods?" Kira asked.

"There were, but with the times then of very few women's rights, their stories were lost to time. But there still are Greek myths including women. The Amazons, fierce warriors that chose to never be under oppression of men again. As well as the Hunters of Artemis, young girls that are made Immortal by their patron goddess so long as they keep their vow to always stay maidens and turn away any romantic advances from men. The sirens were companions of Persephone, and unable to prevent her kidnapping by Hades, her mother turned them into birds with the heads of women."

"Didn't Persephone have the worst case of Stockholm syndrome of all time?" Stiles asked, making sure he had his facts right.

"Some might agree, but others might say that Hades gave her more freedom then her over protective Mother ever did. But because of that story, we also have the myth of how we have winter..."

Stiles started to tune it out, looking at the different statues, the one of Zeus almost felt like it was glaring at him, he shifted uncomfortably, his ADHD making him feel hyper.

He walked through the group, taking in the different sights, the stone pictures on the walls. A painting of Aphrodite rising out of the sea completely naked. Zeus holding a lightning bolt, and it even looked like that picture was giving him the death stare.

Shaking his head, he snuck off toward the bathroom, taking an adderall to try and help calm him.

When he stepped back out, he was greeted with a service dog, looking up at him, panting.

"Oh, sorry," The owner said,"She's just really friendly today."

"It's alright," Stiles said, crouching down and petting the dog, scratching her behind the ears,"Wish I could have a dog," He said, smiling down at the brown dog eyes,"Or just any pet really."

For some reason, his Dad didn't even let him have a goldfish, and he never gave a reason why.

Stiles stood up and headed back toward the group.