twenty five | bloodlust

With a grin on his face, Dean said, "Whoo! Listen to her purr

With a grin on his face, Dean said, "Whoo! Listen to her purr. You ever heard anything so sweet?"

In turn, Sam said to him, "You know, if you two want to get a room, just let me know, Dean."

Then Dean said to the car, "Oh, don't listen to him, baby. He doesn't understand us."

With a scoff, Sam said to him, "You're in a good mood."

Dean replied, "Why shouldn't I be?"

With a shake of his head, Sam said, "No reason."

Then Dean told him, "I got my car, got a case. Things are looking up."

In turn, Sam said to him, "Wow. You hear of a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows, and you're Mr. Sunshine."

After letting out a chuckle, Dean asked him, "How far to Red Lodge?"

Sam told him, "Uh, about another three-hundred miles."

In turn, Dean said to him, "Good."

After pressing his shoe down onto the gas pedal some more, Dean looked into the rearview mirror and saw that Katherine only continued to stare ahead of herself with a blank look on her face and her arms lying on either side of her.

And in response to seeing her still sit the exact same way that she did the moment that they'd decided to head out on this case that Dean had found for them, Dean couldn't help but to frown to himself.

Never in his life had he seen Katherine be as silent as she was then, and it was enough to get him to worry about his little sister.

But despite the worries that he held for Katherine, even he knew better than to try to force her into telling him just what was bothering her.

If he tried to do just that, it would only result in her snapping and more than likely becoming the very first person that she was before he broke into her apartment and convinced her to join him in looking for their father almost a year ago– someone that went around and killed not just monsters, but also innocent people, too.

And after everything that he'd learned about his sister during her time of traveling with him and Sam, he knew that it was very likely for her to resort into the 'Monster' that those in the hunting community knew her as.

So, he chose to remain silent.

And he would continue to remain silent on the matter until Katherine herself felt comfortable to go to him and talk to him about whatever it was that got her to be silent in the first place.

Besides, it was Dean Winchester himself that Katherine looked up to as a kid.

Who's to say that she wouldn't lash out on the first person that she saw– like he did to his car the moment that he was on his own and Sam had walked back inside of Bobby's home?