'Like Brothers' -*Percival x Simon*

This will be a brotherly interaction between the two. No romance. Also, the art above isn't mine.

Warnings: Swearing, Violence
///

Percival was playing with the other littluns in a small clearing. They were drawing things with sticks in the sand. Another littlun ran in the middle of their circle and messed up their sand drawings. Sand got flung everywhere.

Maurice saw this happening and ran over.
"Hey! Knock it off! They were just playing!" Maurice sternly spoke. The littlun's cheeks got hot with embarrassment. He put his head down and kicked some sand with his feet.
"Roger said I should mess their work up..." He mumbled.

As if saying his name summons him, Roger marched out of woods behind them. He stopped once next to Maurice. He was about to say something when Roger started kicking sand everywhere. Anything that was left of their drawings was now completely gone.

The other littluns, including the one who kicked sand the first time, ran away from the area. Percival tried to get up, but Roger grabbed the stick that was in his hands. He shoved Percival to the ground and kicked sand on him. It got in his eyes, mouth, and nose.

The poor boy started crying and tried to crawl away, but Roger wasn't done with him. He stepped on Percival's ankle and snapped the stick in half. Roger threw the stick at Percival with a great force.

Percival was sobbing and trying to get away.
"You stupid little fucker. Don't try and get away from me next time." Roger put more pressure on Percival's ankle until he heard a 'pop'.

Roger got yanked back by Maurice who was screaming at him to stop from the moment he started. A sadistic smile laid on the long haired boy's face as he slowly tilted his head back and forth, admiring his work.

He kicked sand on Percival one last time before walking away. Percival watched as Roger disappeared into the forest. Maurice lingered back and was about to help Percival up when Roger yelled at him to follow. Maurice followed his orders and left the littlun alone in the sand.

Tears were streaming from his eyes and snot was running from his nose. Percival shook alone in the sand. He laid down in the sand and gave his arms a rest. On his ankle was a purple bruise. He tried to move it but to no avail.

He cried harder and laid there. The poor littlun had no idea what to do now. Sand was everywhere, his ankle was useless, and he has marks from where the stick hit him.

The other littluns were long gone, not showing care towards their friend in the sand. Percival flipped himself onto his stomach and pushed his way to the woods. He pushed sand behind him as he scrambled towards a tree he could rest against.

He laid himself against a tree and breathed a sigh of relief. Percival pulled his ankle close to him and looked at it. He was about to start crying when he heard the conch go off.

Percival looked towards the spot where the conch went off. His hands grabbed the tree behind him as he struggled to get off the ground. Once up, he couldn't put pressure on his ankle. He cried out and sat back down.

Percival put his head in his arms and started crying again. He felt anger towards Roger, as anyone would in this situation.
"That stupid mean Roger. I hate him!" He cried out to no one. He grabbed sand and threw it farther up on the beach, but the wind carried it back into his face.

Just then, Simon came out of the woods to figure out who was crying and yelling. The dark skinned boy glanced around until his eyes laid on Percival.
"Hey, you're supposed to be heading to Ralph. He blew the conch."
"I can't..." Percival wipped his nose and eyes.

Simon looked around for a bit. He moved his black hair from in front of his eyes. The dark skinned boy then bent down and moved both of his arms under Percival. With a heave, Simon had the younger boy on his feet again. Percival put his weight on Simon, who moved the littlun's arm over his shoulders. Simon wrapped his arm around Percival to get him steady.

"Try walking now," Simon had a friendly grin on his face. Percival took a step and winced. His teary eyes moved to Simon.
"Hey, you got this! Try again!" And that's what Percival did.

He took another step forward and didn't cry out this time. Simon slowly moved with Percival along the side of the beach. The littlun laughed out and continued walking with Simon by his side.

Piggy stumbled out from the edge of the forest. He spotted the two and smiled a bit.
"Ralph sent me to look for you two. I guess I found you's." He took his specs off and wipped them against his shirt. He put them back on and came all the way out of the forest.

"What's wrong with him?" Piggy motioned towards Percival.
"Well, he hurt his ankle really bad, so I'm helping him walk to the meeting." The dark skinned boy looked down at the littlun, then at the boy next to him.

"Oh, that's very nice of you, Simon. You two are almost like brothers! Helping each other out and what not..." Piggy trailed off as the boys gathered in a circle came into sight. He ran to them, leaving Simon and Percival alone again.

"Did you hear that, Simon? He said we're like brothers!" Percival giggled and laughed. Simon smiled sweetly down at him.
"Yeah, I heard him. What happened to your ankle that it's like that?" Simon's face turned to that of concern.

"Oh, Roger stepped on it and didn't get off." The littlun looked up at Simon. There was anger on his face.
"I'll be sure to talk to Jack and Ralph about this later." Simon narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brows with frustration towards Roger.

Percival just giggled.
"Thank you, Simon... Brother."

///
This took longer than I expected to get out. I apologize for that.