% . . . 6²

The sound of your sandals clacking to the concrete wasn't as pleasant but it was to avoid being sighted with the sought after, mystery boy, an ominous inconvenience of yours. You see him in the far distance, his pearly white dress shirt tucked in some black slacks with his hair resting effortlessly above his forehead.

He held his head hung low, focusing on the screen as he tapped away responding to a text, unaware of your arrival. You creep up to him and jump, startling him to chatters as he shudders and catches you dressed up in your wear, glancing from top to bottom, clicking his tongue in satisfaction, "i like it," he gimmicks in a hilarious tone, making you slap the side of his arm.

"genuinely," you pan, making an unserious expression.

"no, seriously, i like it," he completes in a funny tone, making you erupt into laughter and lean on the bench beside him.

The laughter died and his phone was left long unattended, the display blackening as he glued his orbs to you, giving you that look you'd often read in fiction. The adored present and the soft smile in his front left you flustered, whipping to the trees around and covering your mouth with your hand for a brief second to compose yourself. Especially when he looked like that.

He chuckles knowingly and tugs on your and clasps it in his, bringing a grin to light up your face. "many seem to be curious as to your identity, they keep asking me, 'who is he?' "

"well, how about we go kill the cat,"

"absolutely not. we do not tolerate any types of violence to those adorable fur balls," you blabber, concerned.

"you seem more concerned for a cat than me—"

"nothing new, you concern me on a daily basis. after all, you are a major inconvenience, you know,"

Maybe making niki enter a few minutes after was a bit too extensive but you wanted the build up to be dramatic. You joined minji and held a casual conversion, looking everywhere but the entrance as you saw a glimpse of him walking in.

Coincidentally, beomgyu approached you and offered you a non-alcoholic drink and began conversing.

The side glare from niki was hard to miss as he eyes beomgyu all the way across the room, his jaw clenching as sunoo spoke, his chatter going inaudible to the boy. As much as you would love to extinguish his hardened expression, you had keen curiosity to build. "would like to dance?" beomgyu queried, "i might not be able to keep up with you impeccable talent but it's worth a try,"

You accepted, thinking it was a normal interaction. What you did not expect is for beomgyu to whip out his hidden stash of moves and own the very floor with the overhead booming music. You grinned at the newfound silliness and followed along, not necessarily anxious.

Niki stalked to the sound system, approaching chan, and whispering something into his ear as he eagerly nodded with excitement. The booming subdued and chan announced, "this is a request by riki, everyone's dream hype boy,"

Beomgyu halted and ushered you towards niki who stood not far from you, while others cleared the way. "what–"

"go!" the gummy smiled boy shouted, encouraging you and helping you to niki as the familiar beats of "all i wanna do" commenced.

You turned to niki with a question all while he carried out the moves, musing you to follow along as the onlookers cheered, some recording and masses shouting. You seemed to be enjoying yourself as you found the previous awkwardness in certain moves were glided through with ease, ooo's pouring through everytime the boy got close.

Completing the sequence and causing the crowd that formed to scream vicariously, you gripped onto nikis shoulders and hung your head, panting. Niki ruffled your hair, "we're not done yet," he commented in a tone you knew he'd accompany with a cute smile while hype boy continued with its melody.

Riding off the energy from the audience and the rhythm you and niki practically had everyone in awe as they clapped and thronged through to see the performance you two put on. The mental countdown to the chorus prepared you, skipping to right once again, feeling all too familiar with the setting, swaying and finishing each section neatly with the beaming boy beside you.

The music came to close, the people roared and you two plastered wide grins, "alright, niki has something to ask yn, let's quiet down," Many exclaimed with chants of "ask her out!" while others anticipated the moment. "even though this would be the second time i ask, would you like to go out with me, yn?"

Minji in the near distance threw her hands up in the air, resembling a meerkat with a "I KNEW IT!" Everyone shared a laugh and you rushed your answer, "yes," you paused, anticipating everyone's shock, waiting for it to thin out. Niki gasped, feign a hand to his chest being the playful boy he was, "so you're saying," he halted with wide eyes, "that i get to be your silly boy," he finished with an even louder gasp.

"yes, my silly boy from a silly dare,"

And with your response, he pulled you by the waist and pressed a sweet, warm kiss to your forehead, another round of fan's losing it. You circled your arms around him and rested your head on his chest that rose and fell lightly, leaning into your touch.

This wasn't so bad, you'd do it all over again, a 10/10 recommendation if you were asked.