Choosing Sides

(Ryan's P.O.V)

What the hell! Now I'm being forced to choose sides! This....... Agh I can't do this! It's way to hard for me! How in the world am I supposed to choose between A. Risking my reputation by coming out of the closet and date Lucas. Or B. Break up with the only person who has actually made me happy and go back to my old life of ignoring him. I have no fucking idea! This is really annoying me! All week since their fight both Jessica and Lucas have been telling me to choose between them. Jessica says I should choose her because she's pretty and popular and I quote "and I have a pussy!" Lucas on the other hand has been telling me to choose him because he's smart, non-judgmental and again I quote, "and not a total self-centered, cold hearted, judgmental, slutty whore bitch!" I love Lucas so much, but I also love football and other sports which I know I would be forced to quit if everyone found out I was a fag. Jessica's also being persuasive with me saying that she'll completely forget about all of this and our relationship will go back to normal. I decided that I had to tell someone about this so I chose my best friend.....Hayden Myers.

Now I know that this was probably a bad idea, but I trust Hayden. We've been friends ever since kindergarten and our relationship grew even stronger once high school started. Now you're probably wondering. Why would I tell my best friend that I'm gay? Well here's the answer. His parents are gay. His mom left his dad when he was 6 and his dad decided to marry another man. The only issue with that is that Hayden is dating Rachel Carr. One of Lucas's best friends. If she every heard of this my whole plan would be over, but I have to tell someone. So anyway I walk up to Hayden who is making out with Rachel...........again. Ever since last year every chance they get they're making out. I don't really understand why they just don't have sex and get over it. Anyways...... I walk over to them and Hayden sees me. He stops doing whatever the hell he was doing with Rachel and walks over to me. I look behind him to see Rachel giving me the middle finger and the nastiest look ever. "Hey dude what's up?" He asks me. Oh god I'm making the worst decision ever telling him aren't I? "Ummmm....."It's nothing it's no big deal anyway." He looks at me awkwardly and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Are you sure dude? You know you can tell me anything right?" I nod and start to walk away.

I walk over to the parking lot and look around. I look in the corner of the parking lot to see Lucas's Prius still here. I hop in my car and put my keys in the ignition. I look over at Lucas's car one last time then my phone buzzes twice at the same time. I pull it out to see I have two new texts. One from Jessica, and one from Lucas. They both say the same thing. "Call me, we have to talk." I just stare at my phone looking at the two texts just desperately waiting for a response. Now it's time to make a decision. Should I choose the side of my former life of popularity, and my bitch girlfriend? Or should I choose the side of a new start and a loving boyfriend? I have to make this decision soon. So I get out of my car. I walk across the parking lot and into the schools football stadium. I see that Hayden is still there, but by himself this time. He waves and walks over to me.

"What's going on?" He says. His voice shows concern and caring. I can't believe that I'm going to do this, but it's the right thing to do.

"Hayden, I'm gay....."

Authors note

Hey readers,
I'm just letting you know that I won't be updating next week as I will be in Disney World! Maybe that will be the setting of my next chapter. I don't know, but comment and tell me how this book is coming along, it would mean a lot to me. Thanks for reading guys!

-Sam/Chappy21101