planet 14 star breathing (edited)

After Sanemi departed for his mission, you laid in your bed, waiting for Kyojuro and Senjuro to arrive. You had agreed that today the final touches would be made to star breathing.

In the meantime you decided to go to the garden for a bit. You head there and run into Aoi, deciding to tell her so you don't get into trouble

"What kind of mischief are you up to this time y/n" she sighed carrying the small stack of towels

"Nothing much, I'm heading to the garden for a bit. if Kyojuro and Senjuro ask where I am tell them for me please" you darted for the garden hoping it would save you from aoi's scolding as you weren't supposed to be out of bed more than nessasary.

You got outside and started to look around at the herbs and flowers, naming all of them and their purposes

"Ms. L/n?" You heard a girl ask from behind you. She had black hair with red-orange tips and fox like amber eyes.

"Oh my name is Kitone, rank hinoe" she bowed her head slightly "I never knew that you were into herbology."

"I think that I've seen you around before Kitone. You are studying under Shino right?"

"Correct. I was just coming by to get some herbs for a medicine. One of my friends, his name is yuni got injured"

"What kind of injury?"

"A deep gash to his arm with an exposed bone?"

"Do you know if it came into contact with any demon blood?"

"I don't know"

"Alright. Your going to want to boil these in a cup of water for ten minutes or until half of the water evaporates and strain it. Grind these ones into a fine powder and mix them until homogeneous. From there make sure the wound is stitched and apply morning and night for about a week."

"Woah, that was quick"

"I studied under Shino for 2 years and since then I've been working along side her. I'm not as busy so you can ask her if you want to transfer to study under me."

"I'll consider it. Thank you so much for the help but I really need to go, hopefully Mizone and Zunero haven't killed eachother by now." She turned around, herbs in hand and began running.

You let out a yawn, deciding to go and take a nap for the time being. You began surveying the best places before deciding to lay in your favorite tree.

You began stood for a moment, deciding what branch before jumping and landing on the branch, sitting down and getting situated on what you deemed to be the best branch. Since you and Iguro like to sit in the trees the two of you ended up claiming certain branches so the other doesn't disrupt the peace of the branch. Thankfully this one wasn't one of those trees so you had the whole thing to yourself.

You laid there for a moment before finally deciding to go to sleep, closing your eyes and listening to the rustling of the leaves, letting it lure you to sleep.

You woke up to the sun in your eyes and Kyojuro poking your cheek "y/n. Wake up." your eyes fluttered open as you sat up and yawned only to be interrupted as you fell off of the branch.

Preparing yourself for the worst, you felt yourself falling closer to the rocks below you and tensed up your body only to land in Kyojuro arms.

"Watch out n/n, we don't need you to reinjure yourself, your finally about to be discharged " he mentioned as he put you down.

"I know... I can't help that I don't think when I'm tired" you finally finished your yawn and rubbed your eyes.

"But it is something you should work on."

"Well anyways, are you two ready to finish star breathing?"

"Yes, and I already have some ideas!" He exclaimed with a smile

"So, let's here it"

You, Senjuro and Kyojuro were there for hours, talking, demonstrating and trying ideas. At some point Shinobu was listening in from inside but you didn't pay much attention to her.

It was afternoon at that point when the 3 butterfly girls came out to the garden to bring you 3 to lunch.

The 6 of you walked to the eating room. There were 6 plates of food out. As you had been there a while you figured that some new slayers came here. What you didn't expect was for it to be the primary color trio, Tanjiro, zenitsu and inosuke.

"Hi there, it's been a bit hasn't it you 3, I haven't seen you since the train" you mentioned causing them to look your way.

"Y/n, you're still here? I figured you would have left by now" the red head asked

"Yeah... I kinda got into some trouble so I can't leave for another few days" you admitted with a smile "I'm alright now, just some soreness but nothing I can't handle"

"How have you been Rengoku?" He asked

"Ive been doing great young-kamado"

"That's good to hear, and I'm guessing that is your younger brother... Senjuro I think?"

"Yes indeed. Me, y/n and him are working on his new breathing style"

"That's great, you mentioned that he couldn't use flame breathing super well, if you'd don't mind what breathing is he learning"

"Th-they are helping me make my own. It's called star breathing" Senjuro mentioned shyly from behind Kyojuro where her was hiding

"That is very nice"

"Yeah, but we still have a few things that I'm struggling with"

"Hmm... Would it be alright if I helped out later. I use both water breathing and some other breathing style that we think is sun breathing so maybe I could help"

"R-really!" He said with little stars in his eyes.

"Yeah, no problem" Tanjiro smiled and Senjuro smiled back. It seems the two balls of sunshine will get along very well

END
WORD COUNT:1004
EDITED: 07/24/2023