Chapter Four - Work it Girls

Natalie

I have never been so annoyed in my life.

This blond boy, Felix Anderson, he said his name was, has been walking us around the halls of this place for what feels like hours. He has been assuring us that he knows where to go, but we have been going in circles, literally.

To add to that, Jayden cannot stop pointlessly bickering with the guy that broke the door earlier. The one she kneed in the balls, hilarious by the way. First, when we started walking, it was in pure silence, I couldn't have been happier.

And then this idiot opened his mouth. And hasn't closed it since.

Then, Jayden asked for their names and the blond one said it was Felix, but the other guy refused to tell her. Jayden started arguing with every word that came out of his mouth, even if it was the truth, and he started biting back. Both were surprisingly witty bastards.

Felix told me the stubborn boy's name is Atticus, but to never, under any circumstances, call him Kittie. Which is exactly what Felix calls him. I had forced myself not to cackle and schooled my expression into boredom, hoping that he would get the hint and shut up. My plan didn't work. So... here we are.

"We've been down this hall twice already, Felix." Jayden points out in frustration.

"No, we haven't." He responds, touching the tape on his nose and looking over his shoulder.

"We've past that guy before. He's staring at us as if we're stupid." She adds, literally pointing straight at him with her index finger.

Atticus swats her hand down, "The hell are you doing? He can see you pointing at him."

"Okay, and?" she asks.

"He's going to fucking come up to—here he comes," he shakes his head exasperated.

The older man, looking around late forties, walks up to us, halting Felix in his tracks.

"Hello kind sir. If you don't mind, we need to get past you." Felix smiles.

He grunts and walks past him, standing in front of Jayden and glaring down at her, "Got somethin' to say sweetheart?"

Jayden tsks, taking a step forward as if to fight him. Before she can speak, I whip out a hand and grip her arm, shoving her back towards me and away from the awful smelling man.

"Just saying how I think you need some deodorant. You're smelling a bit... unusual." She grins.

"More like a lot," Felix coughs.

The man rears his head at Felix, "You fuckin' brats—"

"I wouldn't do what you're thinking about doing, if I were you." A voice says from behind us.

The man looks down towards the voice and his eyes widen, immediately taking a step back. "I wasn't gonna do anythin' I swear. Just tryin' to meet the new recruits," he holds up his arms in surrender, spinning around and walking into a room on the right.

I look at Jayden. New recruits? She just shrugs and turns to face the voice. I follow suit and gaze down at the short older man that just saved Jayden's butt. His face is aged with years of sun, and he folds his hands in front of him politely, clearing his throat. He holds out his hand for Jayden to shake. She gingerly takes it. Then he brings his hand out to me, I shake it firmly.

"Nice to meet you Miss Creed, Miss Armstrong, I'm Lionel Caddel. Sorry I couldn't meet you earlier as I had an appointment, so I sent these three boys. Speaking of three, where's Agent Darce? And where's the third recruit?" he asks, looking around.