- Memories -

A week has passed since we came out of the scorch. I haven't seen anyone besides the WICKED staff since everyone was piled in this room. A week since i got my memories back. I remember everything.

I was a kid, I don't know what the outside world looks like. I only know the pristine walls of WICKED. I stayed with Ava, I thought she was my mum, she isn't. I don't have a mum as such. I remember being injected and cut. I remember every single bit of pain I went through. I remember the first time I saw Newt, he was a child. A little older than me. I remember falling in love with him and play fighting with Minho. I remember kissing Newt for the first time and I remember all the scars and bruises I used to have. I remember being told I'm going into the maze with Newt and looking into a mirror and seeing a pristine clean body. I remember saying goodbye because I wouldn't remember him. The worst thing I remember though is watching people succumb to the flare. I remember what it is and how it started. I remember the first time I used my strength, I broke a metal door. The electric shocks haunted me in my nightmares on the rare occasion I slept. They had brought a mirror in a few days ago, probably to make me even more suicidal. Every time I look in it I see the horrifying sight of myself.

I stand up in front of the mirror. I have a white baggy shirt and trousers on. No shoes. I am skinny, very skinny. My cheeks are sucked in to the shape of my skull. My eyes are red and puffy from lack of sleep and screaming. My skin is pale and my lips cracked. My veins are very prominent from the shocks they have given me in the past week. I don't understand why though, they know everything yet they are still torturing me. My mind flashes to Newt, I hope and pray they aren't doing the same to him and the other gladers. Ava assured me that they were fine and they weren't getting shocked. She wouldn't tell me why I was though. I didn't have the strength I used to. It's like they are trying to reverse what they did before the maze. It was working.

The door opened and Ava walked in. "Oh sweetheart. I'm sorry. I am going to request the shocks are stopped and you have more food for the next week. You'll die before we need you at this rate!" She said with a smile on her face, I looked in her eyes and I saw sadness. "Why are you doing this to me" I said slumping down in the corner, I didn't have the energy to talk, my voice was hoarse and croaky. "We can't have you being as strong as you are. Now get some sleep. WICKED is good Y/N" she held out a needle with blue liquid in and walked towards me, I couldn't fight against her, I hoped it would kill me. I wanted it to kill me. She injected the needle into my bruised neck and left. My eyes closed slowly and I fell to sleep. Didn't stop the nightmares though.

I'm back in the chair being shocked. Normally when the pain gets too much I wake up, but I wasn't waking up. It went on for hours before I finally woke up still in the same spot I fell asleep in. Shanks couldn't even move me to the bed. I looked around the room and the mirror was gone. I was glad. On my bed there was a large glass of water and a sandwich, I didn't even know what was in it but I scoffed it down quickly and the gap in my stomach slowly filled up and i didn't feel hungry. I downed the glass of water and felt the dryness of my mouth disappear. It was the happiest I had ever been. Then I sat back in my corner and waited....and waited.

And waited.

--------------------------------------------------
How do you like the book 4 cover?

More on the boys in the glade in the next chapter

Thanks for the support. I love you all
Love Abbie❤️❤️