Chapter 1

[2015]

I walked inside of the D.U.M.P building, and walked towards Cam's office. Nothing had really happened these past few days, just me trying to shift and nightmares here and there. Rigel had gotten other Sadists demons to feed off me in which I don't really mind. Knocking on his door, I heard a muffled 'Come in'. Opening the door I walked inside, and sat down on the floor near the couch.

"Y'know Edith you can sit down on the couch, I don't need to tell you that at this point now." Cam softly spoke, I liked the way he talked to me. It was never yelling or that tone she used with me where it sounds fake. I quietly got up and sat at the corner, I heard him sigh.

"All the way kiddo," he said kinda tired, "I'm not going to hurt you, if you lay down on it I won't mind. As long as you're comfortable then I won't scold you." I know he'll never will, he won't do that too, as well with my new father. He was waiting for me back at home, which was really big. He even let me have a room all to myself, she locked me inside a basement, so I'm really happy he doesn't do that.

Hours had passed and I told him about the nightmares- it was all similar to each other, with Mary standing there in front of me. The ground seemed to be water but it didn't make me sink. Then that black wolf, with brown spots on its paws and stomach, came from behind and stood in front of me and growled at Mary.

She screamed and everything behind her went to flames. Then I woke up, all the nightmares included that wolf. I remember only two months of memories of when I went Feral. I just try to ignore what happened.

I waved goodbye to Cam and went outside of the building, the sun had set and there was William waiting for me. "Did you enjoy it Edith?" He questioned, he always asked me that when I finish a session with Cam. Going to his side and leaned on my head onto him, humming my response. Most sessions just take up my will to talk, and I told him before so he understands why I hum.

"Alright, let's get you in the car Edith.", he spoke softly, his voice so gentle. Makes me sleepy, I feel his hand on my back as he guides me to the car.

We drove back home, I walked up to my bedroom and undressed myself then put on really soft night clothing. I was really lucky that I got out, William had asked if I wanted to do anything to punish the Jewels. I said no, I didn't want to hurt them yet, but anger took control when I saw a video about grieving their lost daughter.

I destroyed the majority of the furniture, I was scared that William would toss me out but he was just happy that I was ok. I was so confused, why wasn't he angry at me? I messed up his living room from this curs-magic. He didn't yell, he just kept me in a hug. He didn't tell me to shut up when I started crying, I passed out at that point. Tired from the anger that took control of me.

I looked up at the ceiling and felt something tug at my Core, it felt like a piece of me was missing somehow. Tiredness came washing over and I fell asleep.