43 - The Ogre Village Battle p2

A simple blow, just an open hand hitting the back of someone's head, and another soldier fell to the enemy side.

A huge group of bodies was starting to pile up around a single person across the battlefield, a young girl, who looked no older than thirteen years old, who had olive skin and red eyes. Wearing the fur coat of a large animal such as a wolf or a bear gave her an even wilder appearance.

Needless to say, the enemies around her, who hadn't been knocked down yet, were already terrified, unable to rush towards her.

"What is this girl?! No one has landed a single hit on her so far!!!"

"I don't know... Maybe she's the enemy's trump card?! The monster this Rimuru spent the most magic on?!! Or maybe... she's the true leader?!!!"

The ogres surrounding the girl created all kinds of theories, trying to find the reason why the girl was so strong, but in the end, it was useless. She didn't seem to be interested in them, and hadn't advanced even an inch. All she did was stand there, and defeat anyone who approached her.

All empty-handed and alone. More than twenty ogres had been knocked down and were lying around her.

"You guys aren't good enough. I don't care. I'm looking for someone worthy."

She mumbled that and started walking, as she had done before. Still not trying to approach where the chief of the ogres was, as if she was uninterested in this war, which the utter lack of expression on her face would support, she just kept walking. If no one messed with her in this state, she wouldn't mess with any of the soldiers.

They just didn't know what was wanted in this place.

"After all, what are you?!!!"

An irritated ogress shouted this and rushed forward, trying to slash her with her sword. Despite that, she only dodged with one movement, taking advantage of the next moment to knock the ogress down with just one strike, as she had done so far.

"I am Ciel. And you are not worthy either."

Ciel just muttered that and then continued walking.

In fact, most of the soldiers Ciel had taken down so far had been female, which proved she was looking for something. Still, it didn't look like she had found what she was looking for, after all, no matter how many women approached her, she just walked past them, taking them down with one attack.

The men around Ciel, who had been the only ones left standing, didn't even try to get closer anymore.

And then Ciel suddenly stopped, looking in another direction. It was to a place close to where Rimuru was standing, still waiting.

"Possible target found. Decided, let's test this target. As for the other presents..."

Ciel didn't finish speaking. She didn't need to finish talking either. Before the ogres surrounding her could even realize what was happening, her vision went dark, all having taken a hit from the clones Ciel had spread across their shadows, just waiting to emerge if need be.

"Is this what Rimuru-sama would call 'an interesting battle'?"

Ciel wondered as he looked at the fight taking place in the distance, and then he dove into his own shadow. She had a mission to do, and she would carry it out without fail.

She would find a worthy ogress for Rimuru... and get more research data for the personal project she had decided to do.

***

A barrage of punches, all powerful enough to punch through a rock.

All those punches were blocked, not a single one missing. Using the spear as masterfully as she possessed, Akami used the spear in her good arm to defend, blow after blow, without exception. Blade and hilt, as she was on the defensive she had been forced to use her utmost strength just to survive, and yet she stayed on her feet.